TiVo Series 3 High Definition 250GB THX Certified DVR

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

TiVo Series 3 High Definition 250GB THX Certified DVR
$169.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 TiVo TCD648250 250GB Series 3 HD THX Certified DVR

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Does this require any addition payments for service?

Can I use this unit without a TiVo subscription?

Just one question on the multi-room viewing; do I need to have a box for both TVs, or just one?

Or am I completely misunderstanding this product?

TIVO just came out with a new machine that does everything a computer does. This model is obsolete

Can you attach more memory or offload recorded shows onto like a computer or something?

Remember to read the fine print!

"TiVo® service is required for the TiVo DVR to function and is sold separately. TiVo service and payment are subject to the terms and conditions available at www.tivo.com.

TiVo service is accessed through a standard telephone line or broadband connection. In some areas, local and long-distance toll charges may apply." -bottom of article

I have had TERRIBLE luck with refurbed TiVo’s. I’m on my second REPLACEMENT for the TiVo HD I bought on Woot a couple of years ago and about to send it back too. Spend the extra dough and get a new one!

Would this work with DIRECTV?

Plenty of good reviews on Amazon

Yes this will work with Cable and Verizon FiOS

Instead of renting their DVR you call them up and get these things called "CableCARD"s. You stick them in, read some numbers on the screen to your cable company and your TiVo can now tune in.

No you can not use On-Demand.
You will not be able to rent movies or watch free on-demand TV shows.

Verizon FIOS, but not ATT U0Verse… damn.

General Information on TIVO

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/352

Can i transfer my current lifetime subscription to this one??

You need a TiVo for each TV.

I’m torn. I’ve been wanting to get a Series 3 Tivo for my OTA hookup, but with the Series 5 coming out, I think there will be local cheap (used) deals to be had. To woot or not to woot…

For all of you that will ask…

TiVo® service is required for the TiVo DVR to function and is sold separately. TiVo service and payment are subject to the terms and conditions available at www.tivo.com.

TiVo service is accessed through a standard telephone line or broadband connection. In some areas, local and long-distance toll charges may apply.

Yes, it does.

do you have to pay a monthly subscription to somewhere? Or once I buy this, do I have ‘tivo’ like everyone talks about?