TLC Cabernet/Shiraz Six - Pack

Why would you pass based on the fact that the wine is screw top? (I’m seriously curious and not being facetious.)

No rats on Wednesdays. Only for the first wine of the week. From the FAQ:

Nobody does Shiraz blends better then the Aussies! I’m in.

Sitting on the fence right now. It could be a decent everyday guzzler @ $9 a bottle.

If I do buy and it’s not that great, I’m gonna pour it in a decanter, put an empty bottle of good wine on the counter, and invite the neighborhood alcoholic over. I’ll tell him that I paid $60 for it and after he knocks it off, pull another bottle of this out, let him know the real price and ask him to compare it to the first from what he can remember. The guy will be happy as a lark and thinking he’s turning into a real “kindasewer”. BUT IF THIS STUFF IS GOOD, I’ll have to get rid of him pretty quickly before he sucks the great wall of boxes dry!

more and more wines are screw caps, you can’t judge a bottle by that. But oh what to do with all these fancy corkscrews that I have seemed to collect at the house and cabin at the beach…

I don’t think that my reasons would survive the scrutiny by the people who usually post here, their knowledge of the topic (most of them) are by far much greater than even my understanding in the matter, but since you are asking me a direct question the least that I can do is answer honestly: I’m currently collecting corks, sorry to disappoint you, have a good night :slight_smile: .

actually, screw caps are 60% less likely to fail than corks. There is a chance that a cork has an air canal running all the way through it that could ruin your wine. It almost never happens with the screw caps… plus its a lot easier to open and is resealable.

I never understand the screw cap hate… :wink:
I like them for reseal factor.

Too bad there isn’t virtual tasting. I’m rather curious about this one…

Whoa… where did these critter avatars come from?

I’ve had the Penfolds Konunga Hills Shiraz Cabernet blend. It was quite nice. Great fruit, but a little bit drier finish than alot of the australian shirazes in the same price range. About the same price as this offering. If I weren’t broke I’d probably pick up an order of this one.

If my initials are TLC and my last name is a type of bird - does that mean I am obligated to buy this wine?

I think I must. I really wish this was Monday’s deal and the labrats were around to give me guidance.

I did some pretty thorough searching, and the best I could find regarding pricing is here

So, normally $10/bottle, plus shipping. Woot brings that to about $8.33/bottle plus shipping. Not overly impressed by the wine, but the deal’s not terrible if you’re interested.

As far as other information about the wine, this and the CT links seems to be all we’re going to get.

No shipping to Michigan!!! Are you sure?..

I remember if I brought “that” bottle

somebody left a blurb on cellar tracker for this wine. Also shows a couple venders selling @ $10/bottle.

Reseal factor? Oh, if there is wine left over. I get it :wink:

Also curious about the avatars…

I’ve purchased more expensive wines from the grocery store on the way to a party or something. Plus, everything I’ve ever gotten ever from woot! has been good. Ever. I trust them more than i trust myself. I must blindly purchase this. Must obey. mmmmaaaahhhhhhhh (zombie moan).

Besides, 'till today i haven’t wooted in a few days and i like it when the hot receptionist at work has to dlivery stuff to my desk. what?

In for one. I want to see my avatar.

http://www.borderswinelist.com/index.cfm?s=shop&t=/shopBRD/proddetail.cfm&item=17794&src=brd&cfid=90079&cftoken=91853857

OK so Borders had it but it’s long sold out there…that probably should serve as a hint along with the review on the link there;-)

I for one have been enjoying the ‘cheap’ Aussie wines as a wonderful quality alternative to so many of the overpriced ones from more publicized areas for a long time - you all may laugh but the Black Swan cab shiraz blend is probably my favorite $6.00 table/cooking wine!

Let’s give this a chance, in for 1 w00t!

I have also posted to see what the Wooters will bring me for a monster avatar. Does that rhyme?! I guess if it was pronounced Mons-TARRR Avatar.

And yeah for screw tops. I also prefer to have the cork for the wifey to do her arts and crafts and collecting, but speaking with a few of the wineries, they exho some of the sentiments here about a revolution, where the screw tops just make things easier and more consistent for them. So it can’t be all that bad, and I guess better than “I read it on the internet!”

^ boo… not a big fan of my Mon-STARRRRGH Avatar.

And also wanted to add that I am seriously considering making this my first wine.woot… hmmm. (I’m cheap, what can I say?!)

[EDIT: And that didn’t work… this post was supposed to show up under my other post, but instead I make number one on the second page, killing that idea. Harumph]