TLC Cabernet/Shiraz - Six Pack

http://www.calcareous.com/index.cfm?method=pages.showpage&pageID=0573c1c7-a5bc-517a-bdc8-6c44dd4a7f59

Current case price on their website is just $99.

Good drinking with dinner wine! I enjoyed it, and will again!

I don’t understand why Michigan isn’t on the list of states this wine can be shipped to. It was on a list earlier today and is normally a shippable state. I love these bottles.

Very nicely put! I’ve grudgingly come around to liking this for just that. The Racchus red has more fun and zip, but it was $10-15. Scott’s One Last Kiss red was more minerally nit sweetish. Good ordinary drinker with good mineral zip.

Now!

I’ve been signed up for woot for a while but haven’t made a wine purchase yet. This seems to be an excellent price for 6 bottles of wine but am wondering if I should make this my first wine woot purchcase.

Any thoughts? Should I wait to see what else comes up? Not sure how long the woot off has been going on.

Depends on your tastes. Will you feel bummed out of $55 if the wine isn’t up to what you would think for a cheap wine? Many of the wine.woot purchases are made in faith because most of us haven’t tasted many of the wines offered. We are more often impressed, happy or at least comfortable with our purchases, otherwise most of us wouldn’t be here. :slight_smile:

Woot-off started last night (or this morning on EST), 10p PST, 1am EST.

I think the case I got was bad too and I ordered it last time. I still have 3 bottles sitting on the rack. I wouldn’t ever offer it to a guest…it’s one of those - “I just want a glass and you get not even half way down and it’s going down the drain.” No thanks!

We’ve had a number of half case - good price offers come up already, the copa, the del sol, and this. I’m not sure how many more they have left, but I’d expect to see a rash of smaller lot - higher quality offers come up soon. My first wine woot was a 6 pack of chard for 34.99. It’s hard to say no to <10 per bottle, even if you end up not liking it you can take it to someone elses and not feel too bad.

I’ve stated it before, and still hold to it, the QPR of this wine depends greatly on the temperature it is served. I pour it at room temperature, then set it in the fridge for 20 minutes, and it’s great as I drink it and it kind of warms a little. But colder than that it lacks flavor, and warmer than that and it’s syrupy.

I am curious whether there is a difference in how those who like it drank it vs. those who didn’t like it. I mean, are those in favor people who ran it through a vinturi/soiree? Does it need to sit out for a while? Is it best cold from the wine cooler?

Or is it really just a difference in taste? Like here – why are you pouring it out? Too hot? Too thin? Too much tannins? Tastes like wet leaves?

But shipping is 39$!

I bought this when it was on here before. I’m not buying it again this time. Its pretty mediocre. The QPR doesn’t make it worth it, it makes it very average. You’d be better off spending $9/bottle at your local safeway on a few different bottles, then picking the one or two that are the best to buy a half case of.

Click on “community” at the top of the page and you will see what’s come up so far.

Because you let the BUCKEYES put a whuppin’ on the Wolverines!!!

I have let it sit in a decanter and it was a little better, but I’ve had MUCH better $8-15 bottles of wine. One bottle I used to marinate my steaks and sauteed mushrooms…that was pretty good…but to drink - I won’t! I’m not a wine expert or anything and I’m not that great at describing the taste, but I know I didn’t like this one at all.

This was my first cab/shiraz mix, so maybe that’s just it. I like dry cabs and pinot noir.

yo… why are you doing this to me

I just got 2 cases of goodness, and now I wish to get some more…

I’ve tried it straight from the bottle, through a venturi, the day after opening it, room temperature, just under room temperature, etc.

All of those permutations came up short. It just isn’t quality wine, its average bulk wine. Its drinkeable for the first half of a glass, then it seems to lose flavor and be very boring. Its not very tannic, quite thin flavored and bodied.

No, it doesn’t taste like wet leaves :stuck_out_tongue:

That being said, I wouldn’t have poured mine out, but I definitely wouldn’t buy it again.

Haven’t tried this one yet, but have seen it mentioned… People seem to love it or hate it, but for $9 a bottle I’ll give it a shot. Still kicking myself for missing the Costa del Sol. I’ve had my eyes peeled to re-order that one for a while. Dang.

geeze…had to go in for a 6 pack after all the QPR notes. I hope you guys are right :slight_smile:

Looking forward to this nice daily drinker…