TLC Chardonnay - 6 Pack

While I love the Cab-Shiraz… I’m not a Chard fan… so I will be passing on this one. Hopefully whatever is next will be something I want! :smiley:

I wish I would’ve seen the last one. I probably would have jumped on it. :smiley:

TLC Chardonnay - 6 Pack
$49.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: White
PRODUCT: 6 2008 TLC Chardonnay
CT link above

Previous offer:
5/5/10

MORE FOOD!!!

Good stuff. Clean. Fresh. I’m actually running a bit low, relatively speaking (I’ve but six bottles remaining). Stock up for spring?

Can anyone speak to what if any oak was used in making this? Oh, and MLF.

I picked this up last time, and liked it well enough that I drank/shared 5 of the 6 bottles. For the price, it’s a darn drinkable wine. I’m in!

I just finished the last bite of toffee from the tin, so how about some more yummy Brandini toffee? I’m not much of a chardonnay fan.

I see that it has RS, is it sweet?

None and none.

Tenk yu, ems am me…

oh so tempting! grrrrr, I guess I don’t drink enough Chards to actually buy any. meh, will have to pass this one up too.

I wanted to be in for 1, but for some reason this one doesn’t ship to Kansas… :frowning:

Only 3g/ltr (0.3%) - that’s dry. Deja Woot?

3 g/L isn’t much. Not bone dry, but stylistic approach is probably going to be more important than just RS in perception of sweetness.

I’d put it between dry and off-dry. It’s not sweet, but it’s not completely dry to the taste. Gcdyersb said it well, as always.

There, now it’s 5 wines in a row. That person complaining earlier about the non-wine-wine-woots had better quit their w(h)ining.

… Hey, I’d like to see some non-wine woots in this wootoff too. I like gourmet stuff!

Heee.

Dry as a bone. 3 g/l is better represented as 0.3% (since the weight of one liter of wine is approximately 1000 grams), and anything under 0.75-1.0% (depending on your palate) is typically undetectable.

It’s practically impossible to ferment something to absolute completion, since after a certain point the yeast just can’t find enough sugar to keep going, even if there’s a tiny bit hiding out somewhere. Typically, though, anything less than 10 g/l is pretty much impossible to taste.

For comparison, 3 g/l is about the same as dissolving one tablespoon of sugar in a gallon of water.

Yes, it’s crisp and acidic like a good white Burgundy, but is much fuller-bodied, in a discernibly New World style. Again, not complex, but refreshing and incredibly quaffable.

This is one time our palates are not so close. I found it to be not acidic enough to balance the sweet fruit. However, a) my white palate has really disappeared as of late and b) I like my whites ACIDIC and c) I tasted it a long while ago so my memory may be serving me poorly. :tongue: