Todd’s Bayou Dirt Seasoning

WTF???

How does this stuff compare to bacon salt? Woot got me hooked on that…

Does it cost $5 to ship this little thing?

It definitely has a bite to it. It’s taken over the place of Montreal Steak Seasoning for me. :slight_smile:

I’m a fan, my wife is a convert. We use the regular Dirt in place of salt on most everything for that extra kick, great on burgers and chicken. Better than Mrs. Dash becuse it does have salt, but it is balanced.

We got the Crab Dirt last time, and am looking forward to trying this one. I miss Louisiana and hope I can sit out back with this, a potato and an ear of corn and go back to simpler crawfish boils of days gone by.

Yea, I know, I don’t have any crawfish, they’re hard to get in PA.

I’ll sell ya my Bacon salt - I thought it was terrible!

I use rubs all the time, but if I don’t make my own spice rub myself, I at least like to know EXACTLY what’s in it. “Kosher salt”, “No gluten”, “No MSG” isn’t good enough. And it calls it creole/cajun style which are two quite different things… bah. I encourage everyone to buy it, especially if you don’t make your own rubs, just to get on with it, but I don’t imagine this’d make a great pulled-pork.

Disclaimer: I’m Canadian and as an outsider, I can definitely say that Memphis/Tennessee barbecue wins. The rest of you lose.

BTW: I can guarantee there are about 300 of these to sell, so buy them quickly!

Here is a bit of info including what’s in the dirt

http://peppersandmore.com/2010/05/07/todds-dirt-bayou-crabby/

The Ingredients consist of;

kosher salt, paprika, pepper, onion, garlic, cayenne pepper, chili powder, chipotle powder, oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, sage & rosemary.

Anyone know if this is vegan/vegetarian friendly?

It’s a moderate cayenne that builds. Perhaps a bit mild to the initiated but could always add more cayenne or your choice of heat for more kick… It really is flavorful and multi-purpose, I found. Kinda like a salty Mrs. Dash with more flavor and kick.

Thank you

I bought the crabby dirt last time around and it goes great on almost everything I cook. In for 1.

Do. Not. Want.

I always thought it was for seafood?

not if you buy 3 and use the coupon code

oh, what the hey… if nothing else, the guys at work will use it. With the help of my woot birthday coupon code, the woots will go marching on

In for 3, with my $5 off coupon. Love this stuff in burgers.

I’ve always been curious about this, during previous wootoffs, but never wanted to pay $5 shipping. Now that I’ve got a couple $5 Woot coupons, it’s time to use one up. (already did, actually…$1.49 total)

Edit: Doh, but I should have used the coupon that expires at the end of September and not the one that’s good forever. Oh well. I hope Woot has something good, within the next month or so.

Sounds like Todd’s Crabby Dirt has been served around here.

This is good stuff (as is the Regular and Crabby varieties)and a good price.

What coupon?