Tommy Armour Morph Irons 3-SW Set

I just bought a set of Jmax Bazooka’s. (My crappy timing is legendary.) Anyway, this is a really nice set, I’d consider it if I was still in the market. If you are new to golf, the cavity back fading to a blade feature makes them easier to hit.

does any one know the exact alloy used???

> Good price, but man are those some crappy clubs.

What’s crappy about them? Would they make a good set for a beginner to learn with?

Yeah, Right handed only, listed in the features.

I’d be on this one if there was a southpaw set up there…

I am an avid golfer and I wouldn’t touch this with a 10 foot pole. Tommy Armour is considered the “Kia” of golf clubs. Only old people use these brands. If you want to learn shell out money for lessons and ask around for some hand me downs and then buy a set that is worth your hard earned money. And noone in their right mind would pay 300-400 for this set. Froogle is useless.

Not a good Woot, huh?

Woot is doing all of us a favor by varying the types of items that they post each night. If it was always a piece of computer hardware or a cool gadget, I would be selling my internal organs to keep up with my impulsive buying habit.

You know I’m not the only one. :slight_smile:

Wow, I’m definatley not a part of the target demograph for this one… I drive a motorcycle around town, so it’s useless for carring clubs… or anything else for that matter; I’m a leftie, and these are for right-handers only; AND I haven’t the slightest inkling to play golf… Sorry, but I’m going to have to pass.

Either way, though, it’s good to see more “Weird” items up on this site. It is somewhat nice to take a break from technology based items.

We looked into this last time they were listed. A fellow wooter called Tommy A. and they said that this design was the first prototype design which in my mind makes them even more unique. The actual functional design of the club was not changed. Just the cosmetic look. The TA rep even seemed surprised these were in the marketplace. I suggest not letting the way Tommy Armour and Morph is written on the clubs deter you from buying a great set of irons at an excellent price if you are in the market.

If you did back through the blog and find the last time they were offered (I think last time - it was a couple months ago) you will see where we discussed this. I posted as being a little thrown at first by what I received from woot, but when it was cleared up, no big deal.

Actually this is a great woot, but I’d rather it included a 1,2,3 Long Iron, rather than a 3,4,5. Hmm to buy or not to buy, I’m gonna hold out and hope that woot finally sells a external hard drive cover

Thats cool I just noticed the difference and Thought something was a little strange thought the model was different … I didnt see these come around the first time…
Thanks for cleariong that up though…

Uni-flex? Are you kidding me woot. To bad I am not 60 freaking years old or swing like a girl. If any men out there buy these, their swing deficiencies are going to be magnified by ten with these rubber band shafts. Good luck to you guys.

Is it good for a girl beginner?
_

You’ll never experience a better stress relief than whacking the crap out of a toaster with these puppies!

Seriously though, I think it’s great that woot.com is experimenting with selling sporting goods. My first set of clubs was Tommy Armour, and they were great to learn with. These are way better for a beginner, or someone who just duffs around a few times a year, than some no-name cheapo set.

I bought these the last time around…
I like these better than the set of Ping’s I replaced.
Shipping took about 8 days…
Good Woot!

Hey… I was circumcised by a pirate, and I find your euphamisms in the description of these clubs down right reprehensible. Now I’m going to have to go back to therapy to help me repress those dibilitating memories and forget such a horrible incident in my life. I doubt if I’ll ever be able to sleep again…

:wink: :slight_smile:

Did He use a “Cut Less?”

Sorry… had to. :smiley:

Great podcast tonight, Matthew! Really liked the comment about turning perfectly good real estate into a game of oversized marbles (not an exact quote, but it IS late.). I do NOT like the fake chipmunks who introduce the songs. Bring back the car crash!!!

anyone looking to resale or anything else may want to note this page…

http://valueguide.pga.com/detail.php?brand=2769&product_type=205&model=46416

it doesnt seem as though they are worth the price according to this official site, you could always get some generic clubs.

What we really need is a good set of Basketball bats