Tommy Bahama Journey Bag

wait. i said that wrong. i’m already hornswoggled, onaccountabecause i don’t know what the frilly lines… no, wait…

oh, 5 ay em is like a pig’s tail:

too soon.

no, wait…

I have a belif that there is a spelling error in the Woot description!

Filly lines = fully lined?

The protective bags are a marketing thing. It’s supposed to make you feel like you got your money’s worth. Consumer perception that the item is very valuable or extra special. Similar to how Crown Royal comes in that fancy bag.

Don’t suppose there’s more/better pictures out there showing the insides of all these. I did see the links for the messenger bag (1 ok pic) and the briefcase (a couple ok pics) - anyone else google up a good pic?

Well, I guess we have:

Messenger

Briefcase

City

how horribly wrong. 15" is the diagonal measurement of the screen, not the long end of the laptop casing - of which most models are just over 13" in length.

your laptop should fit just fine. http://www.ebags.com/products/view/ZoomColorsViews.cfm?fuseaction=imagePop&ModelID=102100&ipsid=102100_1_2&PhotoLink=2&view=axlrg&sub_site_id=20 has some pictures of the Murse (including one of a laptop inside)

A 15" laptop is a 15" diagonal. If the width is 14", and the height is 14", then the diagonal is close to 20".

So his laptop will certainly fit, and your laptop will be quite loose as well

I purchased the messenger bag about two months ago on woot… LOVE the exterior… I’ve kindof gotten used to the interior but it’s very tropical and not as masculine as I would prefer…

The interior looks like:

http://aamimages.s3.amazonaws.com/isyn/images/f671/img-42671-f.jpg

Again, not bad, but I would have preferred something a little toned down… The leather exterior and everything else about it is fantastic though…

I was gonna buy one til’ I saw the hideous interior, gagggg, nevermind

The City Bag looks about the same size as my gym bag. Perhaps a bit too small for my 48-hour weekend trips but I like packing light.

I like Tommy Bahama though. Too bad they are black and not a nice aged brown. Black really isn’t a color that evokes the islands.

Oh… really?..

http://hereonmaui.com/images/beaches/black-sand.jpg

I actually use the protective bags on my purses that I’m not going to be using for quite a while. It keeps them from getting dusty. I like them.

This bag is awesome.
A 15" laptop may be a bit big, depending on whether it is a wide-screen. I think 4:3 should make it.

The briefcase is really tempting…I’ve been lugging my items around in an old Jansport backpack…seeing as perception is so important in the workplace, I may have to get one of these just to “upgrade” my workplace appearance.

Of course, I’ll have to turn away from people whenever I open it, lest they see the interior and think I’m headed for a luau.

How many laptops do you think I could fit in the messenger bag? And will there be room for all 12 of my Sandisk Sansas in the pockets?

I wanted the City Bag but they’re all sold out! :frowning:

Math is hard.

So is geometry, smarty pants. A 15" laptop usually refers to the DIAGONAL size of the screen, just like TVs.

Me too :frowning: