TomTom 6" GPS w/ Lifetime Maps & Traffic

3.7 Stars over at Best Buy

So, while I’ve got you here, does anyone else have an old Tom Tom that the touch screen position is way off, making it almost impossible to use? How did you fix that?

Mine has started doing that and what is worse is that it is getting left and right mixed up! worked great for many years, but recently, not so much!

Yes, almost impossible to type in an address. Luckily, the voice option works pretty well, so I’ve been using that.

this is listed as refurb. but they also have it listed with a 1 year warranty. can anyone confirm if this refurb will come with a 1 year manufacturer warranty?

It’s factory reconditioned - done by TomTom or a party they designate. The warranty is correct.

Official definition:

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

Do I need to have a smartphone to use this ? My phone has really crappy reception

For real time traffic updates you need the smartphone app but the GPS itself will work without the smartphone connection being required.

I am tempted but my son got a refurbished computer and it worked for about 6 weeks. Then totally went out and he had to send it back for a power pack or something like that. Price is good and I am tempted though.