TomTom GO 510 Portable GPS Vehicle Navigator

good value for a tomtom

their gui and software is very good but consider it for a palm/windows PDA first to save money

The description’s heading is “These aren’t the ones infected with viruses.”

good price, but these things are inaccurate as hell, especially if you are in a newly developed area

nothing wrong with refurb, i got my 3 phones and they are cherry

that was the 910 (top of the line, 20gb hdd version)

link does not work

I don’t have a need for one of these, but I can tell you TomTom rocks!!! I have used NAVMAN with a pocket PC in the past. I have used iGuidance with a pocket PC recently. I now use TomTom for Pocket PC and they seem to be clearly superior to others when it comes to many features. During trip reroute is MUCH MUCH better. Navman was decent and iGuidance sucked. Both usually complained that you did not go the way they wanted and continued to prompt for turn arounds. TomTom much more quickly recognizes that the way was you are going will also get you to the next turning point (or thereabouts) and reroute using the street you took.

TOMTOM is the best in my humble opinion. But, this opinion is based on a bit of experience.

I agree it might be a great product, but the audience those ads are geared to aren’t old enough to drive.

these rock. Got one in September for $349. Haven’t been lost since ! Of course I haven’t left Gun Barrel City, Tx in 8 years, since I lost a leg to diabetes. But I damn sure would know where I was goin’ if I did travel Like maybe I want to go see Tyler, spend a few nights in the big city, ya know. This will keep me from ending up in Matamoros, Mexico again.

Here’s some Epinions customer reviews, there are 7. Average rating is 3 stars.

Epinions Reviews

The site is partnered with shopping.com, so the shopping.com prices are listed there too.

Here’s the link to the prices:

Quick Price Comparison

Like I always say. Why get a GPS, when you can get lost just a easily with a Thomas guide. Shoot I have done it for 10 years, why back in my day we had to use twigs in water just to tell if we were high.

that monkey is a little too happy to see me.

Sure, right until you are doing 80 on some interstate and blow right past your exit. No, go right ahead and spend an extra 45 minutes backtracking!

Note: You miss your exit because you’re distracted by your friend who’s screaming in your ear about a woot-off you’re missing.

buy.com had this for $310 brand new
buy.com

When I click the link it says under the product in red letters “Refurbished Close-out!”

All right folks, found one more set of reviews:

Cnet User Reviews

Theyu’re all user opinions, as the editors haven’t reviewed this model yet. If you want to see a few similar models that have been rated, then Click Here

HAHA. No doubt!

Been Wooting for a while. Yet to this being the first thing i ever actually WOOTED price was right my needs were right on time. i just hope it works to my likings.

That’s odd, I just clicked on it again and it worked fine.

Check your local laws when using the suction mount for this unit. Some states including California for sure and I think Minnesota ban the use of a GPS when it is attached to the windshield. If the police ticket you, it may result in points on your insurance, meaning your premium will rise.

I bought a TomTom GO 700 a couple of years ago and love it. It is really much better than any other GPS system I have seen for cars. The sort of 3D view that it gives is fantastic.
If I knew what I did about my 700, but didn’t already own one, I would buy this in a second.