Tool Days, Tool Days

We’ve seen other brands, and Stanley travel mugs - but not Stanley tools before. Who can tell us about these?

I paid 27.05 final price with shipping and taxes included for two of the tripod flash lights and two key chain flashlights in the deal as well a while back. How do you justify this kind of inflation? Will we ever see pre-Amazon deals on Woot or are those days long gone?

I own 2 of those tripod flashlights. I love them. Very versatile. The only downside is the plastic housing that make up each light feels thing and cheap on it’s own. When the 3 are combined into the handle it feels much more substantial. The lights themselves are extremely bright. Even cheapo rayovacs last quite a while in them.

Those days are gone.

FYI Woot+ deals aren’t meant to have the same deep discounts that vanilla.woot used to have. Comparison shop around and you’ll find better deals.

amazon.woot is not the same woot we used to woot and love.

That’s what I was thinking, and afraid of. Woot=hot deals no more with $20 hammers. Sheesh.

Here’s my usual post on question about Plus deals:

The Plus deals are select deals of product that we can’t sell on the main sites for various reasons like it being too niche or the small quantities available.

They’re generally good deals in their own right but they’re not going to have the deep discounts that you’re used to seeing on the daily sales. This is due in part to the smaller quantities (i.e. no volume discounts). In some cases, the deal is improved if you take advantage of the $5 all day shipping.

As always, we know our wooters are serious consumers and will hunt down the best price available. We expect no less of you.

Hope that helps. Happy shopping!

That said, my niece and nephews loved the tripod flashlights I gave them for Christmas a couple years ago. They said they were great for camping.

I just used mine yesterday while hooking up my new receiver. Quite handy.

As far as price, if you take advantage of our $5 all day shipping and plan your purchases, we’re still cheaper than Amazon.

The FUBAR is the only stanley tool I want. Too bad they wouldn’t sell it on here.

• another for the tripod light(s).

Eh… I have to throw in a - for the flashlight. I was given one as a gift. Pretty cheaply made, one of the insert pins that allows it to grab the magnet fell out so one leg always sticks out unless I rubber band it. So so on battery life and when one of the three starts draining it causes a lot of flickering when they’re put together. After my experience, I wouldn’t recommend it. If you want a darn good (and significantly brighter) flashlight that stands, grab a Joby Gorrillatorch. Flexible legs to stand or grab anything. Magnetic feet which are really handy, and multiple lighting options. Low, Medium, Bright, Red, Strobes…

Just looked, Woot-Daddy Amazon has a few left at $17.95 right now. Right here

[MOD: That flashlight isn’t even close to the same thing.]

Not saying it’s close to the same thing. It’s a flashlight that stands (and hangs and sticks to metal). It just doesn’t split into 3 pieces like the Stanley. That’s a feature I’ve found is rather useless as individually they don’t stand and I only have two hands. One of which is typically needed for something else if I’m holding a flashlight…

Bought these for my dad couple of Christmas’ ago. They worked great at the beginning but now they flicker. One of them won’t stay on and turns off after a second. Another one turns off at the slightest bump (like drumming with your fingers while holding it). Over all, if it worked properly it’d be pretty nice, but with what I got, would not buy again.

> … fix a lose nail…

You can fix a loose nail or you can lose a loose nail …

Maybe that “a” is supposed to be “and,” suggesting you can both fix and lose nails with heavy books?

Got these a couple years back…the deal then was $17.99 and you got 2 of the tripod lights AND also 2 mini tripod keychain lights.

My only regret is that I didn’t buy the maximum of 3 that sale (for 6 total lights) because I gave one to my dad to keep in his camper and immediately everyone thought they were gonna get one from me for Christmas (which is normally how my wooting works out for family).

Here’s the previous sale on Woot:
http://www.woot.com/offers/stanley-3-in-1-tripod-flashlight-with-mini-tripod-keychain-2-pack-mar-09

As TT mentioned, you’re not gonna get the same deals here (good grief, at an effective $10 per light, I still kick myself at only getting one deal). But disregard all the comments about cheap construction, it’s just a cool light set, really fun if you have kids/grandkids.

That thing looks sweet! You could do some serious demo work with it! I WANT ONE!!!