Tools For The Chef

Comparing the Lodge Cast Iron with the Cuisinart Cast Iron, the Lodge is just iron. The Cuisinart is enameled inside and out. The Cuisinart Chicken Fryer info doesn’t mention the interior porcelain enamel but their website does. So anyway that’s why the Cuisinart is dishwasher safe.

What is the size of the Fissler frying pan?

I’ll answer my own question… zooming in the base shows 28 cm, or 11 inches. In for one!

WHyyyy why why won’t they ship to Hawaii??? We are part of the USA too…:frowning:

Doesn’t that cuisinart 3 piece set normally go for about 29 on Woot when it comes up periodically? Or maybe they just borrowed the picture of the cheaper set for use with the more expensive set.

I bought the Cuisinart 722-911CNS Chef’s Classic 9" & 11" Non-Stick Skillets with Glass Lids last time on Woot. I really love them, perfect size and weight. Nothing sticks to them, easy clean up.

Re: Oggi 5163 Refrigerator Stackable Storage 14.75x4.25x3

There are two with very similar measurements but quite different photos. Don’t know how to order to get the one I want!

all of the corningware pieces are fantastic–the mug with vented lid is perfect for making oatmeal in the microwave. the designs are also very classic, so they fit well with virtually any kitchen style. i love mine!

Hmm, that is weird. I emailed our buyer for clarification. I’ll update you when I know more.

UPDATE: Our buyer will have to check in with the vendor on Tuesday. Sorry for the delay.

Chip that enamel, then try to fix it. Unless you have a REAL HOT oven, it “caint” be done. Scratch the seasoning on that (does anyone else think the new Lodge stuff is ugly, compared to the classic stuff) Lodge pan, and YOU can fix it in an hour. If you need to.

steve

5162 and 5163 are the two models with errors. They both share the same 14.75" depth, but their actual widths are a mystery. If you are to believe the picture with the corn, 5163 appears to be the narrower one (4.25"). But it’s reported depth is either 4.25" (if you read the title) or 8.5" (if you read the specifications tab). 5162 appears to be the wider one (8.5") if you believe the picture with the apples. But both the title and specifications tab actually claim it it the narrower one.

I believe 5162 is the wider one in reality; it is more expensive. I believe 5163 is the narrower one. But I’m just guessing.

If you don’t already have a cast iron grill pan, I highly recommend it. You can cook just about any meat on it, without frying, so it’s healthy. I didn’t get the exact same one sold here, but the one I got from my mom was probably the best gift I ever got from her!

Bought the Cuisinart ice cream maker during a previous sale and have only had the chance to use it once but it worked great!

I purchased the Fissler frying pan and received a 24 cm pan, not the 28 cm pan shown in the pictures.

Did anyone else receive the wrong pan, or am I the only unlucky one?

Bummer, sorry for the disappointment. Have you contacted support@woot.com yet? If not, CS can help out. Let us know how things go.

Yup, I sent them an email but haven’t heard back yet, though since its the weekend I expect it will take a while.

Here’s a photo of what I received:

https://app.box.com/shared/static/9paa7k89w0awfal7wkh8.jpg

Ok, so for historical reference…Oggi descriptions on Woot!/Amazon are all screwed up. I attempted to order model 5162, which was described as “Oggi 5162 Refrigerator Stackable Storage - 14.75” x 4.25" x 3.75" in its title. It’s spec info corroborates that dimension too, stating “Oggi 5162 Refrigerator Stackable Storage - 14.75” x 4.25" x 3.75." The picture appears dead wrong, but hey…it’s just a picture.

You’d think that it was a pretty sure bet that 14" length is what we’re dealing with here…

Wronnnnng. Physically looking at the label, it is 12.5" x 8.5" x 3.5". I got three of them, and they’re all too short. The sloping sides waste space in your fridge because they form a “wide birth” around whatever they’re holding (but on the upside…they stack). Now I’m also loosing space because they’re too short. Bummer. I put a shout out into CS…we’ll see what can be done about this.

FWIW, the Amazon mother ship “Product Details” does appear to kind of sort of have accurate(ish) dimensions. For example, product 5162 is noted in its details tab as having “Product Dimensions: 11.5 x 7.8 x 3.5 inches,” which is kinda sorta close–probably what it measures at the bottom of the container where it’s narrower.

http://www.amazon.com/Oggi-5162-Stackable-Storage-Freezer/dp/B00IAXH47Q

I’m guessing if you want a particular size, they go like this:

12.5" x 8.5" x 3.5" – Model 5162.

http://www.amazon.com/Oggi-5162-Stackable-Storage-Freezer/dp/B00IAXH47Q

14.75" x 4.25" x 3.75" – Model 5163

http://www.amazon.com/Oggi-5163-Stackable-Storage-Freezer/dp/B00IAXD7MC

14.75" x 8.5" x 3.75" – Model 5161

http://www.amazon.com/Oggi-5161-Stackable-Storage-Freezer/dp/B00IAVXK08

However, if I were doing this over again…I’d just go for non-stackable trays, with vertical sidewalls (space-saving), and without the swoopy hand pull sections…those things just waste space all around your stuff.