$54.99 (Normally $80.00) 31% off List Price
2007 Montepulciano d’Abruzzo Riserva DOC
2007 Brindisi Riserva DOC
CT links above

Website

Previous offers:
2/4/12 (Montepulciano)
2/25/12 (Brindisi)

Great stuff. I really like the Montepulciano.

Funny; just yesterday I first opened my 2007 Montepulciano d’Abruzzo Riserva from the last wine.woot offering. It was delicious.

I would really like to buy more but I still have 100 bottles of woot wine to savor, and I do it too slowly I guess. Good stuff.

The cork is very dense, though, and broke the needle of my Corky cork remover, and then my regular screw cork remover only “stripped the thread” of the cork.

I got it out unscathed though, and the wine really satisfies.

I just noticed I was the first to purchase. Texas scores first! I look forward to tasting this.

Dennis

I am a bit puzzled by the geography at work here: Montepulciano and Brindisi are in completely different regions of italy… don’t get me wrong, both regions make great wines but… where is Tor del Colle, do they own their own vineyards, etc?

Key word: “misto” – it’s mixed - a mixed four pack; probably sourced?

You’ve consumed both of these. Rattage is expected!

Score!! Woot goes Italian again. Grazie :slight_smile:

Learn a bit about the Puglia region of southern Italy and Brindisi wine. Brindisi, Puglia - Italy Wine Region | Wine-Searcher

I was ready to jump in but no Virginia-Please purchase license and come back in a woot off.

Wow the Brindisi is better than I remembered. Opened my last one tonight, guess I have to order more!
Nice clear dark red color. Bright cherry fruit and some spice on the nose. Medium body, cherry, raspberry, hint of oak, light tannins. Really good acidity. Earthy but short finish. Alcohol not apparent.
I would compare this to an old world Zinfandel/Primitivo. A well balanced non-jammy, not-hot Zinfandel. Easy drinking tasty food wine.

The Montepulciano was pretty similar. Maybe a little fruitier. I would agree with most of the CT notes.

Notes on 2007 Brindisi Riserva:

Wine made entirely of Negroamaro grapes is rare…

This “Riserva” from Tor del Colle comes close, however, as the three-variety blend consists of four-fifths Negroamaro. (The balance is equal parts of Malvasia Nera and Sangiovese.) Most Negroamaro grapes are grown in Italy’s Puglia region, and those used in crafting this wine came from an area of Puglia known as Brindisi.

Negroamaro grapes have very dark skins and possess a mild bitterness — but bitter in a good way. In the glass, those qualities express themselves with a very deep hue and a hint of earthiness that complement the berry and cherry-like fruit flavors.

If you’ve been looking for a wine — other than “the usual suspects” — to serve alongside roasted meats or well-aged hard cheeses, Tor del Calle’s 2007 Negroamaro-based “Riserva” would be hard to beat. It’s pretty in the glass, bold enough to stand up to the assertive flavors of the food, and ready to enjoy now.
TASTING NOTES
GRAPE COMPOSITION: 80% Negroamaro, 10% Malvasia Nera and 10% Sangiovese
GRAPE SOURCE: Brindisi DOC in Puglia, Italy
AROMAS & FLAVORS: Ripe Cherry, Meat, Licorice, Blackberry, Spices, Toasted Nuts and Caramel
AGING VESSELS: Wooden Casks & Stainless Steel Tanks for 1 Year Each
WHEN TO DRINK: Now Through 2014
FOOD PAIRING SUGGESTION: roasted meats, or mature hard cheeses.

Copyright © 2005– 2012 Vinesse.

SOLD OUT at this vendor

Notes on 2007 Tor del Colle Montepulciano d’Abruzzo Riserva

When drinking this wine, an image of Dorothy from “The Wizard of Oz” comes to mind…

Why? Because it was Dorothy who most famously noted, “There’s no place like home.” And that observation definitely applies to the Montepulciano winegrape.

There is plenty of Montepulciano grown in southern Italy. There even are a good number of Australian winemakers who are experimenting with the variety… with varied success. But for the true expression of Montepulciano, one must go to the home of the Tor del Colle winery: the mountainous region of Abruzzo on the Adriatic coast of central Italy.

To clear up any possible confusion, this wine is in no way related to the one known as Vino Nobile de Montepulciano. That wine actually is made from Sangiovese grapes planted around the town of Montepulciano in Tuscany. This wine is “real” Montepulciano — fruit forward, plush, chewy and food friendly. It’s a delicious taste of “home.”
TASTING NOTES
GRAPE COMPOSITION: 100% Montepulciano
GRAPE SOURCE: Abruzzo Region of Central Italy
AROMAS & FLAVORS: Blackberry, Black Cherry, Licorice, Mild Plum and Assorted Spices
WHEN TO DRINK: Now Through 2013
FOOD PAIRING SUGGESTION: beef roast, game dishes, Italian cuisine, or sharp cheeses.

Copyright © 2005– 2012 Vinesse.

Asking $16.49/750ml bottle

Last Wooter to Woot:montegobayjr

In for 2; love trying different things…note to self: need bigger cellar… :slight_smile:

Ceasare - you pushed me in, with two minutes to spare.

Nice