Toshiba 1080p Upconverting DVD Player with HDMI Cable

How much was this one in the woot off? Also, is this a good player?

I have an older HDTV that only has component inputs (no DVI or HDMI). Does this only upconvert over HDMI or will it send the upconverted signal over component inputs too?

No.

my brothers got this and it works fine…havent had any real problems. besides, its cheap enough if you’re just looking for something decent.

If only I had a tv that I could watch 1080p movies upon!

too bad for me i guess. maybe that’s tomorrow, right woot? :stuck_out_tongue:

This just seems like a dumb idea as most TVs will upconvert a lot better than these cheap DVD players… I bought a cheap phillips one because of the DIVX playback except it couldn’t play hi-def files, and upconverting from DVD looked worse than the standard analog input… so it went back to the store… F that job…

Sadly, I would have to agree…the few deals lately have only been mediocre at best. Nicely done robbit73

lost me when I noticed there is no Optical Audio Out connection…

Will it play on a NON-HD TV? Cause at that price, it is not a bad deal for that purpose.

You’re right on. Agree 100%…!

This is what I have in the playroom. Never had a problem with it, despite some rugged use by many guests. It also seems to handle the DVD’s that have seen a few rough days. The one in the den (craptastic CyberHome DVD player) skips and pauses if there’s so much as a lint speck on the DVD.

Maybe I’ll pick one up to replace the craptastic one. Thanks, Woot. :slight_smile:

So you are a happy camper eh? I sadly have to agree with the WOOT comments!

while i really need something for my 65 i’m wondering if this is a good deal considering the refurb… i should probably just spot the cash for an hd player

Cool so um. This makes… the pixels, bigger? I guess?

One being offered for $62.88 on Amazon.com atm.

The feature list says “Coaxial/TosLink® Optical Out (1)”, but that looks to me like only Coaxial, not TosLink. Be careful.

Would there really be any noticable difference in a 720p upconverting DVD player and a 1080p upconverting DVD player?

I completely agree with that

I bought a toshiba standard DVD player last year. Plays Divx and has progressive scan for $20. The only time it failed is when I left a Divx disc in the player with out turning it off for a week. After that it wouldn’t play regular DVD’s; so I unplugged it, blew some canned air in it, gave it a few waks then it worked again! Excellent DVD player. If I could find an HD-DvD player that plays Divx then I would have gotten that. But this sleek $40 model will go good with the 37" Visio LCD that I got from the wootoff.

Solid DVD player and nicely configured remote. It plays WMV and AVI files, along with DIVX. Has a USB port for photos (I think) but doesn’t see an external hard drive… that would’ve been a nice touch.
Nice picture and HDMI is a plus.