Toshiba 15.6" Quad-Core Laptop w/Blu-ray

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Toshiba 15.6" Quad-Core Laptop w/Blu-ray
$524.99 + $5 Standard OR $17 Two-Day OR $23 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

And good night.

That’s a pretty good price for that laptop. All specs are quite good except for the CPU being a tad under-powered (as is typical for laptops for battery life). The CPU might be severely overclockable (if the laptop BIOS will allow it) - many report 2.84GHz is possible with this specific CPU!

I agree, I only wish I had the expenses for it!

I actually need a new laptop, and if I didn’t already have a plan for my next one I’d probably buy this one up. But I’m holding out for a Surface Pro at the beginning of next year. Get me a nice, powerful laptop that also doubles as a tablet. :slight_smile:

Same here, I need a new laptop, mine died sometime last year. I just need to save up some more.

I bought a Toshiba quad-core w/ blu-ray here just a couple of months ago. It was fantastic. Ran fast and more than sufficient video for moderate gaming.

…Except, the thing was improperly grounded. If it was plugged in to AC and your bare feet touched ground, you could feel current flowing into your hands when you touched the metal shell. I doubt the level was dangerous, but it was uncomfortable and disconcerting.

I sent it to Toshiba for a warranty repair, and they were glad to pay for shipping and a box. They replaced a number of parts and returned it.

And still, the issue wasn’t fixed. This is apparently not the first time this has happened with Toshiba laptops. They settled a class action suit about improperly grounded laptops less than 10 years ago.

I called them back and tweeted about it; they were glad to send me another RMA box. My laptop recently returned from repair #2, and I haven’t had the heart to open the box. Leeching current aside, the laptop really was amazing. I’m not sure what I’ll do if it’s still broken…