[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/f6d956a5-1a95-4a69-a45b-27a5a9ea060d.jpg

Toshiba 15.6" AMD A8 500GB SATA Laptop
Price: $249.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Unknown (Monday, Jun 08 to Thursday, Jun 11) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Toshiba 15.6" AMD A8 500GB SATA Laptop) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Toshiba 15.6" AMD A8 500GB SATA Laptop) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Toshiba - Google Shopping 15.6" AMD A8 500GB SATA Laptop)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/12/2015 - $259.99 (Woot Plus)
4/24/2015 - $259.99 (Woot Plus)
4/17/2015 - $259.99 (Woot Plus)

Can someone talk me out of this? Super poor college student in desperate need of a well functioning laptop under $350 tops…this is looking very appealing at the moment…

Does this help?

Notebookcheck.net has the skinny on the processor’s performance and what it would work best at including games it can play.

This might be it at amazon

If you’re on campus for extended periods, I’d recommend the x205ta from asus. can commonly be found for $179 and has upto 12hr battery life. I average 10.5hr with medium brightness.

If you can spend $400- I think this hits everything. Small 11.6 inch, 1920x1080, SSD drive,touchscreen, keyboard has bay for additional HD, can be a tablet or a laptop, decent performance Core™ i3-4012Y, 6.5hr battery life

Acer Aspire Switch 11 SW5-171-39LB 11.6-Inch Full HD Detachable 2 in 1 Touchscreen Laptop

Sorry, I deleted a lot of replies to what turned out to be very likely a shill post. Please don’t think I deleted them because you were in any way negative about the item today- please feel free to compare to other models! Please do not be the seller of those items without specifically disclosing.

Well, it has a 1366x786 display on a 15" laptop, which is obnoxiously low. The CPU is slow and the graphics are rather weak. There is barely enough memory in the laptop. It’s a refurb so you don’t know exactly what shape it will be in when you get it, although this is one of the factory jobs so it will probably be pretty good.

The big issues is that hardware that is only marginally fast enough for today’s work will be obsolete quickly.

On the plus side you can throw it around campus for a few years and not get too broken up if it is lost, stolen, or destroyed. Just make sure you keep a backup of your work somewhere.

If you can, I would head out to a computer shop and find a 15" laptop with a 1366x768 screen and try out some word processing and browsing on it before you buy this laptop. I personally can not stand that resolution, always finding myself cutting windows off on the bottom and never having enough room to get work done. If you find it works for what you do then come back and consider this laptop.

Shill is a great word (I had to look that one up). I made a great reference to a Yugo that will go unseen unfortunately.

I’d second the i3 Acer Switch. Great hybrid laptop for someone constantly on the go. In many ways a mini-surface pro without the pen. Great display and pretty good keyboard and trackpad for an 11 incher. If the 350 is a hard limit, I’d suggest one of the refurb Dell Latitude 6420s that are ubiquitous. Just be sure to get one with the 1600x900 screen. You can get one for around 275, sometimes cheaper when Dell Outlet has a special. Pretty much indestructible.

As has been discussed, 768 vertical pixels for an 15 incher is just frustrating. If anyone can give me a good reason why any laptop with a screen larger than 10 inches should have anything less than 900 vertical pixels, I’d be grateful. It can’t cost more than a few bucks to go with a better resolution screen. Just because some video content is filmed at 720p is not a good enough one. A computer screen is not a TV. My 100 dollar 8 inch winbook tablet has 800.

I’ve been using a 1366 x 768 15" laptop for an awhile now. I have no idea why people are struggling with this. 15.6" is HUGE and I have no desire for the laptop to be any larger. My work laptop is 1366 x 768 in which I do all my work on. Excel, words, powerpoint, email, web etc.

11.6 puts it back in the netbook and almost tablet category. Now that’s annoying small regardless what the resolution is.

I think you are confused about what increased resolution does. It does not make the items on your desktop larger, in fact it does the opposite. It makes the desktop larger (so that more things can fit on the desktop). You can scale the icons and change the font size if they get too small, but basically you can fit more on to the same size screen. When you have more pixels on a screen the images look clear and crisp, unlike 1366x766 where you can easily distinguish the pixels.

I’m not a tech moron. I know exactly how resolution and icons work. I work with 1366 x 766 every day at work and get the job done. It works great for productivity.

I have dual 1920x1080 monitors at work and still run out desktop. A 1366x766 display is really pixelated on a 15" screen, it would drive me crazy. My 13-inch Chromebook and 5-inch phone are 1920x1080. A lot of new smartphones are 1440x2560 and they are like 5-6 inches. I don’t get it, but to each his own.