Toshiba 15.6" Core i7 Laptop w/ Blu-ray

@bigsquish, not a silly question at all. Not sure whether the following support page for this model will help - can’t see all of the content myself since the site is not tablet friendly.

I pretty much just bought the same laptop directly from Toshiba for $1000.
The differences between what I purchased and what this is.

1. Windows 8 Pro
  2. 1 TB Hybrid Drive
  3. New

I’d say this is a pretty good deal. Although, I haven’t received mine yet so I can’t speak to performance.

Worst brand of computers. Mine burned out after two years, and everyone I know that has purchased one are disappointed too. Starts falling apart almost instantly, very cheap body(and I take care of my things)

the video posted earlier shows the bottom of the computer as well.

Really- last Saturday woot had a 17.3" I7 1080P for $500

Full HD 17.3" for $499: Toshiba 17.3" Full HD Quad-Core i7 Laptop.
Pros: Lower cost, larger screen, higher resolution, backlit keyboard, WiDi, 4x USB 3.0 vs 2x 3.0 and 1x 2.0. Cons: No Blu-ray, and it says it only has 10/100 Ethernet, though I would question that.

Review on the Moofi 17.3" one: TechnologyGuide - TechTarget

… and it was a surprising exception, selling out by morning. It was a very sweet deal. Also not a 15 inch - that was a 17 inch, where 1080p would be more important.

@MWPollard, yep, that’s a very nice deal… but if you don’t want to haul around a behemoth it doesn’t matter.

@iCandyXTC, 'sorry you had that experience. Completely the opposite of our experience with Toshiba laptops. Not one has broken and the oldest is 7 years. It became technologically obsolete but still boots and runs fine otherwise.

No mainstream laptops are built as solid as they used to be. Laptops require careful handling if you want them to last.

Heat is the enemy - vents on bottom & side not clear? Overheating comes next. That means no using laptops on the carpeted floor, sofa, or on a bed without a laptop board between.

And no valuable electronic device should be plugged into the wall without a brand name surge protector. Never.

Doesn’t include “enhance”? Heck, only reason I would even buy a laptop is so I can pull up grainy black and white photos taken by a $30 security camera and use the “enhance” feature until I can get a visual on the old rusted out license plate off the car of the guy who robbed the convenience store four blocks down the street which was caught in the reflection of another car’s rear-view mirror which the camera happened to be facing at the time… clearly this laptop is worthless to me.

Agreed. I can’t understand why any modern 15+" laptop is made with a low resolution screen. This computer has amazing specs otherwise.

Sure, maybe it’s cheaper… but not much.

I wonder if this is better than the i7 17.3" from two days ago