Toshiba 26” LCD HDTV with Built-in DVD Player

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Toshiba 26" LCD HDTV with Built-in DVD Player
$279.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

No… you’re not getting this one delivered in time for the big game.

Going for $335 on Amazon!

Amazon averages 4 1/2 stars, Nice!!!

Froooooogled!!

Previous Woot

Bobby and Kevin were bigger tvs, but didnt come with a built in DVD player

Does the DVD player upconvert regular DVDs?

With the DVD slot, you can record the Superbowl, then watch it when you get the TV later!

Thank you, NightGhost, that saved me some work tonight.

26" is really really small

So what’s the scoop on the built in DVD players, do they work pretty good or is it just another thing that helps the TV break down sooner.

I don’t know if it’s relevant, but I’ve had a 20" Toshiba crt television with built in dvd player for about 7 or 8 years-works fine still.
I’ve finally gotten an hdtv-26" Vizio, but it’s fine for a small apartment. That size is good for a bedroom also.

I won’t take anything less than 1920x1080 on a screen larger than 19".

I am trying to remember if this is the mystery unit that supports DIVX, but they blanked out the word in the user guide. And it is, looking in the guide the word appears multiple times but it is “hidden”. Maybe someone from a previous Woot can let us know.

On the support site there is a Firmware Update dated 10-01-10, no details about what it fixes are provided.

• TV Firmware Update(v1.06.081; 09-16-2010; 6.12M)
    It appears the firmware can be updated via flash drive.

I found this new wiki thing… seems handy…
Dexid product & tech wiki

There’s nothing about upconversion on the Woot page of the Toshiba specs page, so no.

Time to trot out Carlton Bale’s article again:

1080p Does Matter – Here’s When (Screen Size vs. Viewing Distance vs. Resolution)

90%x90%

If you’re over 5 feet away from this 26" screen, 720p vs. 1080p won’t matter.

edit: I’m not sure why the chart isn’t showing, but click the link to see it. At normal viewing distance, 1080p doesn’t matter, but that DVD upconversion would have been nice.

I’ve watched some Divx and DVDs on what I am 90% sure is this unit, not mine and not calling at 1am to check, and the image filled the screen and was crisp and sharp as I recall.

Nice website.

There are instructions for the firmware upgrades on whatsamattaU’s support page I linked to earlier.