Toshiba 8" Wireless Digital Media Frame

Thanks all for the comments, in for one.

Sadly I won’t be shopping woot as much now that they are charging sales tax for those in my state. Price and low shipping made Woot! a grat deal, but with the total sell out now the tax negates some of the value.

You can use the coupon code TAXSUCKS on orders over $40 for free shipping. Some orders will actually be cheaper now!

Great deal, thanks for all the reviews and info guys, with a new baby on the way and family in another country, I’m in for three! Perfect way to distribute pictures when the little guy arrives. :slight_smile:

Yes, you can upload pics directly to FrameChannel, but it’s not as friendly as Flickr or Picasa. I don’t use any picture hosting site right now, so I just thought I’d keep it all in one place (FrameChannel) if possible.
I did look at the Pogoplug thing, but that’d be an additional expense. I’ll make it work without forking over more dollars.
Thanks for your responses, guy.

So, is there a battery or must this be plugged in? I’d like to wall mount a few of these, but I live in an apartment.

It needs to be plugged in.

It does have off/standby/on.

Of course, the remote takes a (button) battery.

NightGhost, I’ve noticed that you’ve been very helpful on Woot!
Have you considered working for them? I’m not kidding.

Thanks. I run my own business. This is charity (and it’s like a video game at night).

=_)

1. It only plays MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 video files. The resolution of the frame is 800 x 480, but I don’t know if it will choke on the full resolution; you’ll have to find that out by trial-and-error.

2. I remember that the day Woot had the Dockstar, Newegg’s price for it kept bouncing around, and for awhile it was the same as Woot’s. If buy.com rejected your order twice, their price hardly matters. Perhaps Woot will offer it again soon.

My brother played around with Linux hacking on his Dockstar (he bought 2 from Woot), but I stuck with Windows for mine.

p.s. I missed the bag too. Maybe next time…

edit: but I just found out my brother snagged one!

Thanks for this - just used it on my order of 2!

I’ve been looking for a frame for myself anyway and decided to pick up one as a present for Grandma…

=_)

has anyone received a shipping confirmation on this frame? i was just wondering whats going on…

Nothing for me yet. Should be by end of today, right? Shirley we won’t have to wait until for Monday…

I’m wondering the same myself… Hope the thing ships today

I’m pretty stoked on the woot channel provided by FrameChannel. I’m gonna set the priority really high so every other picture is the current woot! Who needs pics of family when you can gaze at the wooty goodness all day?

Not a thing. The last thing I ordered from regular Woot didn’t have a shipping notification until the day before it actually ARRIVED, so it’s possible they may be out there and we just don’t know it yet.

Sure, but typically the “track by reference” works, right? Has woot stopped using the order# as a ref# for fedex?

Shipping Update

Toshiba 8" Wireless Digital Media Frame has completely shipped via FEDEX Ground. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING