Toshiba CAMILEO 1080p Camcorder 23x Opt

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Toshiba CAMILEO 1080p Camcorder 23x Opt
$129.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Is this better than getting a bloggie? Looking for a small durable recorder for my son.

1.7 out of 5 stars (10 reviews) on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Toshibas-CAMILEO-X416-Full-Camcorder/dp/B005LS27HK

Hrm. I think I would pass even at half the price. If this is like the other Toshiba cameras I’ve seen, then it might actually be the same really terrible white-box device that is sold under such luminary sold-out names as Polaroid and Westinghouse.

At the very least, I wouldn’t buy it until someone posts a video showing if it has really bad problems with a rolling shutter.

If the world does indeed end on Friday you’ll have the perfect camcorder to record it all for posterity!

SHIPPING NOTE

Two-day shipping is automatically calculating out to 12/26.

We are working on getting the tag removed from main photo. [Update: removed]

Due to shipping holidays, only 1-day shipping will arrive by Christmas. (Not available to all areas. May not be available later in the day due to shipping deadlines.)

Looking at the reviews on Amazon this camera is awful! No 5 stars and many 1 stars.

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware *** June 4, 2012
By Anthony
Amazon Verified Purchase
I had purchased this Camera and am currently in the process of returning it to Amazon for a refund. When the camera was on a tripod stationary within a well lit hall it’s auto focus feature would focus, then get blurry, focus, and go back and forth throughout the entire recording - defiantly not a feature you would want and no way to disable auto focus either. In addition, if the battery gets low I also discovered you cannot have it plugged in and record at the same time; I have never heard of a camcorder like this. Toshiba advised I upgrade the firmware and I did, this did not help anything. Do not buy this camera, I’ve seen cameras that perform way better for the price.

Video here: - YouTube
Doesn’t look very good.

so much for getting it and reselling on amazon.

i would buy, it is my birthday, but spent all my money christmas shopping.
the woes of being a “christmas baby”

That has a name one “T” from being very, very wrong.

Wait, did one day shipping run out or is it no longer available?

Toshiba CAMILEO X416 Full HD 1080p 16GB Camcorder with 23x Optical Zoom - Price Comparisons

Today’s Woot = $129.99 + $5 Shipping
**Woot Priced $99.96 under next lowest price (B&H) found.

B&H = $234.95 + Ships Free
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/822183-REG/Toshiba_PA3974U_1C8K_Camileo_X416_1080p_HD.html

Amazon = $272.89 + $5.99 Shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Toshibas-CAMILEO-X416-Full-Camcorder/dp/B005LS27HK

Adorama = $249.95 + $9.95 Shipping
http://www.adorama.com/TOCX416.html?utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Shopping%20Site&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=brate

NOTE:
All prices and suppliers above were found using a random Google search. You own random search may find differing and/or lower prices.

Is it returning an error that it’s unavailable?

Our order system checks with the FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouse immediately to see if the order can be filled in time to meet the 1-day shipping request. If not, that shipping option is denied. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As long as one can’t spell.

My assessment of this product:
Low price = good?
Can’t record while plugged in = virtually useless for events longer than 1-1/2 hours
Messing up a once in a lifetime memory because of poor auto focus = ULTIMATE FAIL!
If you’re willing to take a gamble on your priceless memories then this is the camera for you.

(Seriously, I could have captured clearer video through my grandmother’s cataracts…)

Classic!
Well played.
Thanks for the laugh…

Merry Christmas!

After reading the Amazon reviews for this item, it’s a no-go for me. Just about every thread includes something about bad focus or battery life. In my experience, Toshiba hasn’t produced the most reliable devices anyway.

this woot epitomizes what has become of woot.