Toshiba Docking Station/USB Hub with Dolby Digital

So we meet again, Woot.

Froogle Link Minimum Price $58.70

Yahoo! Shopping Link Minimum Price $59.99

Shopzilla Link Only Price $59.99

Amazon Customer Review Link 1 Customer Review gives 3/5 Stars

*All ebay links excluded… cause I dont like ebay!

Wow I have one of these. First the sound went dead, then one of the USB ports stopped working. Not recommended. Night.

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Toshiba Docking Station/USB Hub with Dolby Digital
$49.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s): 1 Toshiba Docking Station/USB Hub with Dolby Digital PA3390U-1MPM

What exactly does this do?

I’ve got a Mac. Bluetooth will do some of that stuff.

Hmm, is that a network port too? Must be slow as heck with all that running through the USB

I was thinking, WOW! That looks cool.

Then I see it only will work for Windows. BAH! I want my OSX and Linux support. I pass.

Best Podcast ever.

Not what I need but seems like a decent woot.

Lowest on Froogle is 58 bucks.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?hl=en&q=PA3390U&btnG=Google+Search&lmode=online&scoring=p

Price Grabber
$59.99

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=5815259&search=PA3390U

Another port hub huh…I guess if you need to leave the microphone and speakers plugged in at home and not on the go…

After reading the description i’m still not clear on one thing. What exactly does this do?

is that a network plug on the back? With all that stuff running through one USB, whats the speed looking like? Crap?

Looks like my kids weren’t the only ones who watched this weekend’s 2-day Brady Bunch marathon…

Uggh, I should’ve went to sleep instead of staying up for this. I can’t find any pricing on froogle for this exact model, but similar models seem to be going for 100-500 dollar range.

When is woot going to sell something for the common man?

Another port hub huh…I guess if you need to leave the microphone and speakers plugged in at home and not on the go…

Hm! I have a PPC Mac mini, which doesn’t have built-in digital audio output, and I’ve been thinking of upgrading to an Intel one to gain that capability. Does anyone know if OSX supports DD passthrough on this from the DVD player? (or if not DVD Player.app, VideoLAN?)

I just read that whole description and I’m still not sure what this thing does or why anyone would want it…

Love the reference to the brady bunch. Not sure if this is worth the money though. I have an IBM notebook and would rather buy their docking station on ebay.

Needed an enternal sound card and usb 2.0 hub so I bought it.