Toshiba Docking Station/USB Hub with Dolby Digital

Who cares what it actually does, the wootcast song was GREAT. I’m thinking about buying one just on the merit of the tune. A+ work, guys!

What no video output, what a docking station without a monitor connection.

OK, while I normally like the clever write-up, I have to say, I was so confused after I read the damn thing that I had to do other research.

Having done that all I can say is, this seems like one of those inventions that was made just because it was possible.

http://www.scarypersonals.com/images/badge2.bmp

Yikes… for the machine I’d be using it on, this dock needs too much CPU, memory and disk. G’night woot!

I got this and all I got was problems

If we could figure out a way we needed this, we’d W00t! it purely for the terrific podcast!

Goin’ to bed now with HUBhub HUbaHUbaHubbbbba… in my mind!

(I’d say BEST PODCAST EVAH, except my 'spouse refuses to admit anything could be better than Bluetooth the pirate…)

Huzzah!

~tracy

PS W00t - our boydog, Briggs, still ADORES the RoboRaptor from the BOC - he sniffs it’s butt, RoboRaptor gets ticked off and thwacks him with its tail, RoboRaptor tries to turn around, Briggs out-manuevers it and garbs it by the tail, RoboRaptor SHRIEKS in fury… and on and on they go!

How fast can the net hook up be?

crappage

Awsome Wootcast!

Quality posts:
(12:00 AM) Yankees368 rises from the ashes to provide useful links. All hail the pricing phoenix! There, you got your funny description.

About damn time! :wink:

I also wasnt quite sure what it was - Docking station - Wikipedia was of some help.

I was sold when I heard the song… and since the BoSox are up 12-5 on the A’s… it’s going to be a good day!

Hubbity Hub!

'Night!

7/26/2006 Toshiba Docking Station/USB Hub with Dolby Digital
6/12/2006 Logitech Bluetooth iPod Headphones
5/13/2006 BellSouth Pro 7 mile GMRS/FRS Radio 2 Pack w/Charger
4/19/2006 Magellan eXplorist 300 Handheld GPS Navigator
3/5/2006 Su Doku Plus Handheld Electronic Game
3/2/2006 Gyration Ultra GT Compact Keyboard Suite
11/22/2005 Vivitar 8.1MP Compact Digital Camera with 2.5" LCD
9/17/2005 HP External Dual Layer 16x DVD+/-R/RW Writer

Still on the hunt for my first Blinged-Out Cabbage…

i got this one . IT does not work on DELL lappie . Why the heck did I buy it ?

still a little bit too expensive for my tastes…

although i laughed at the description.

who else sang?

Comparison sites don’t have anything good for this particular product… Instead, i went onto shopzilla and got this link… for anyone who’s cheap like me, but still wants 4 ports on their USB hub… in the end, it’ll probably turn out that this link is to a completely different type of product that what is featured today, because to be honest, i’m not really sure what it is… but here’s my attempt at being helpful/cute.

ALL USB Hubs UNDER $20 on Shopzilla… there’s like 10 to choose from… some might be great… some might not… i’m not sure… but maybe this is helpful… maybe.

Wow - Check out tonight’s PodCast. If you want to understand what tonite’s Woot actually does the Podcast won’t help you. But listen to the very succinct and driving message from lyricist and phenomenal musical talent Matthew. Matthew - you nailed it tonight!

More info on this product from Toshiba’s site.
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/toshibadirect.to?page=multimediacenter&seg=ENT

Interesting things to note:

“Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 audio solution”
equivalent to a SB Live! card?

“External Dolby Digital support”
Dolby Digital? On your own buddy.

“Stackable system connector”
What?

“IR remote control”
Cool. Does it come with a remote?

I don’t understand why anyone would want this product. When docking a laptop you will still need to connect the HUB cable, power cord, monitor cable, security cable, and possibly a PS2 device cable and printer cable if you use these ports. So all this is really doing is saving you the effort to plugin a few extra USB cables, which is something you can easily do with any ordinary USB hub which would be much smaller / portable, much cheaper ($9), and wouldn’t require a power supply of it’s own. Also, if you use wireless networking then you don’t need the ethernet port. So the only other feature seems to be the mini-aplifier with volume control and dolby sound processor. Not a bad idea but doubt many people will use this with a laptop. Only other benefit I can see is the ability to hide the HUB and some of your existing cables under the rug and just run the HUB cable up to the laptop, along with all those other cords you will still need to plugin of course, but even then a USB hub would make a smaller bump under the rug…

Sorry woot, no sale for me tonight. Hope these do sell out though - don’t want to see them in the next woot-off whenever it finally comes around. Wouldn’t even want to see this in a ‘bag’of’crap’ that’s how useless it is. I was looking forward to a decent podcast at least but this appears to be a red herring all the way around…

worst description ever? quite possibly.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&defl=en&q=define:docking+station&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

Here’s a flash product tour for those interested.

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/pr/download/flash/Multimedia_center_product_tour/intro.html

I wonder how this compares to the other docking station they had up here not too long ago?