Toshiba DVD Recorder with 120GB Series 2 TiVo

This Woot is compared at SecretPrices.

Woot saves you ~ $30

Not a Tivo fan, prefer plain old DVR but thats me.

Decent woot though.

Technically it’s Wednesday, bro.

Yeah, I caught that server error a few times when I kept refreshing the page. Anyways, this woot is too pricy for me :frowning:

Someone with more alertness than I this time of night might want to check this, but I am fairly certain the DVD Recorders with Tivos in them don’t allow you to edit TV shows before burning to DVD-- i.e., no editing out the commercials on something your Tivo recorded then burning to disc.

They may have changed that recently, but I know some of the older ones had that restriction (and it’s a big one if you’re trying to archive shows!).

That said, I love my Toshiba DVD recorder, it just doesn’t have Tivo. :slight_smile:

I use my computer TV duel recorder. So not interested

It would be nice to have TiVO, but my Panasonic E95 160 gig HDD/DVD recorder not only records to the superior DVD-RAM disks, it also has an eight day program guide…

Yep.

I love the wine woot tip.

Is this one hackable?

rephurb, out

I’ve had TIVO since it came out, would this plug right in and work in place of my old receiver???

You gotta like the wine buried in the description! Too bad I don’t like reds…

Eeek. A bit expensive. I’d rather get a a Dual Tuner Tivo and transfer the shows to my computer for Burning…

wine.woot.com. That’s too funny. I wonder if the DVD drive will serve as a glass or bottle holder?

I could see this for half price without the dvd-drive inside. Oh well. Off to bed

Going along with a recurring theme… “Meh.”

Poor college kid, would rather not deal with tivo, it’s refurb.

Night woot. Better luck next time, eh?

I’d love to get a Tivo. Had to cancel our ReplayTV (even though we loved it) because it doesn’t record in HD. Neither does Tivo at this point.

And while this is wholly unrelated to today’s Woot, anybody have a clue when Tivo will support HD??

Lowest new is $338.

Seems like a good deal, especially with the TiVo Plus rebate.

Curse you, poverty!

Anyone know if this is compatible with Tivo to go? The Humax Tivo (80mg) recorders are not which is why I am asking.

As did I. I think it was all of us frantically clicking to see what great deals woot had today, if only I had more than 20 bucks.

Froogle from $337.95
Amazon Refurb for$296.00

If only I had more money.