Toshiba DVD Recorder with HD Upconversion and HDMI Cable

+1 DITTO!

If you record your TV with a video camera then plug that into this state of the art Toshiba.

PASS Panasonic is the way to go for these. Records and plays ALL formats

This may work, but only if you are using high definition aluminum foil.

a very restricted unit for 65 dollars…for 15 or 20 dollars more, you can have a tuner, more playback options, media formats, and features…and it would be new…this is only a deal for those who dont shop around. btw, a six foot hdmi cable costs less than $5.

Hey!! I actually have some of that…WOOHOO!!! I’m buying one now!

How does this compare to the Philips HDMI 1080i upconversion with the usb port for $39.99 at costco, or this one from the philips outlet
Philips outlet

GOOD DEAL FOR THE PRICE!!!

My vintage Toshiba player does not play PAL. Does this one? Couldn’t tell from the Toshiba specs. In fact, it didn’t even state NTSC.
SECAM? (just kidding about that one)

“Upconversion.” lawl

If I have a TIVO with a receiver can I burn onto DVD what the TIVO has recorded?

Does it work with a Mac?

FYI

Although it actually has a much different use in the public sector, some of the technology within this Toshiba, is what inspired the Mac computer that we all recognize today.

This is why some posters may refer to it as the “Mac Daddy”

I bought this one last time it was available and love it. Works well, no issues, great picutre and sound. Lots of options.

Anyone know if this will upconvert via component cables?? I bought our HDTV four years ago and it does not have an HDMI input - only component inputs for HD.

It could, sort of, but not as well as TiVo “ToGo” software on a Mac or Windows system with a DVD burner.

It looks as if you’d have to record on this Toshiba DVD Recorder as if the Toshiba were a VCR – convert TiVo digital video back to analog video, then let the Toshiba translate the analog back into digital.

i just wish they’d woot a regular old dvr so I can stop paying the cable company every month for mine…

Actually, I went into the new Indy movie with low expectations. So I liked it. Flying refrigerator? No problem.

I am going to go see WALL*E tomorrow :slight_smile: very excited

Compare? That Phillips doesn’t record.