Toshiba Gigabeat 60GB Portable Media Player

Looks awesome. Would woot for if didn’t already have iPod Video/10.

Looks like the anti ipod…but it isnt rockbox compatible as of yet. So no woot for me

Nope still not a deal. My (woot) purchased rca lyra with easy to find mod with 120 gig hdd is still better.

zomfg. I’m not buying it. I’ll wait til zunes problems get fixed.

somebody post some reviews!

Actually, I really like this player. It’s very pretty. I just got it as an iPod replacement. I’m not glad I waited for this to come up even though it’s about 50 bucks cheaper than what I got it for–I wouldn’t have been able to survive multiple bus rides without one.

However, you have to make sure it’s charged before you go. I’ve had problems where I thought I had plenty of battery left after using it, but then have it fail to turn on the next time I’d try to listen to it.

funny you mention Zune.
Zune hardware is acctually made by Toshiba.

Gigabeat is known for its crappy software…

i just bought a creative zen, but i was seriously looking at getting one of these. ended up finding out they tend to have hd failures, and toshiba seems to be ignoring the problem, not doing anything about it

Uhh… I’ll keep my PPC

u r not alone!!

You poor Zune guy…join the Pod clan…you must convert!!!

Gigabeat S is a great device… I have the 30GBs model and it works great.
It syncs with Windows Media Player 10 (or 11)

cnet says this thing beats the ipod video in almost every way. http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11396_7-6550266-7.html?tag=lnav

This mentions the 30gb version, but it is otherwise identical to this woot.

so after toshiba failed to make a better tablet pc… they’re trying to make a mp3 player? hmmm

I have the 30GB one, and it is nice. Basically though, this is a proto-zune. It uses about the same OS as the Zune does, and Toshiba is one one making the current Zune. I haven’t fill up my 30gb yet, so I won’t be getting this one, but its a good device all in all.

According to Froogle, this is selling for less than Toshiba’s own 30gb version. That itself seems like a good deal.
I’ll stay on the bandwagon though.

I sell these all day long! The software is much easier to use than iTunes! SUPER AWESOME WOOT!!!

No wonder you don’t have the monetary support anymore. d-:

Hey, Cnet used to have this rated as the best digital media player, but now it’s #2. Here’s an incredibly large url.

Reviews.search.com link

I have a Toshiba laptop, that I have had for 3 years, its been good. No major problem. My biggest complaint is that my computer only has a 60 gig hard drive and I didnt’ upgrade to a dvd burner. but those are my fault

Some additional models and pricing …

SecretPrices … $249

Froogle … $249.99

Also the 40GB Model from $129.95, the Toshiba Gigabeat 20 GB model from $149.99
And the 30 GB Video model from $165