Toshiba Progressive Scan DVD Player w/ HD Upconversion HDMI Out and DivX Playback

only seams to up sample on HDMI

how good is this?

I purchased the DVD player acouple of weeks ago from WOOT and have been VERY happy with the quality of the HD upconversion!!! Great deal!!!

If I wasn’t so tempted by the HD DVD drive for my 360, I’d seriously consider this, but why have fake HD when I can get the real thing?? 45 bucks isn’t really that bad of a deal though…might make an interesting gift for someone…

have one…like it…

I have one of these and I like it a lot. The only negative is the delay in shifting between the dual layers on a typical DVD can often take a few seconds of frozen picture / sound.

I’ve been looking at this WOOT each time it comes up. However, I ran into problems with the reviews. Many said theirs “locked up” during up-conversion or the movie “stuttered”, so they returned them. Sometimes when you find a lot of RHE-FHURB’s available, it might indicate a problem.

you can buy it just for the HDMI cable included and still you would be getting a good deal

woot for me :slight_smile:

This one and the LG model… lots of problems with those, but mine is working fine with only one or two minor glitches…ymmv with refurbs

nice but I prefer my old a@@ apex :wink:

It’s crapola…costco sold a ton of these for a comparable price… good night…

Darn. I already bought one from Wally World.

wow sweet hdmi!

worth it, if only for the HDMI cable included…in.

I got this and it works great. Someone was saying it doesn’t play burned DVD’s, I’ve had no issue. I burn movies and tvs I download to DVD-R, DVD+R and DVD-RW and it plays them all. Looks great on my LCD tv, i got a HDMI to DVI cable and the difference between digital and the old component inputs is just night and day.

I pick up a DVD player on black Friday and not only is it not as good, it was also more expensive! It was brand spanking new though, I guess can console myself with that :-\

Anyone know if this will do HD DivX files? My current dvd/divx player says the resolution is not supported.

Just as a side note, this includes an HDMI cable which will cost you $80+ at the big boy retailers.

I have the next version newer than this that I purchased at Costco and I am not thrilled with it. There are a number of DVD+R discs that stick on this, but play fine on a Sony that is almost two years older.
It does play native XVID quite well.
Upconvesion doesn’t seem to make any difference on my 50inch DLP compared to component. I wonder of anyone using it on an LCD or plasma sees a real improvement. Great price though.

I bought one of these from woot a bit ago… works really good. I run HDMI out and the upconversion is great… the only bad thing I can say about this unit is the BRIGHT BRIGHT blue light in the center of the unit when its on… if you plan on putting this unit under your TV or in direct line of sight you will need to consider some well placed electrical tape.

T