Toshiba Quad-Core Laptop w/Blu-ray

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Toshiba Quad-Core Laptop w/Blu-ray
$399.99 + $5 Standard OR $18 One-Day OR $15 Two-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

This is one of the best keyboard layouts on a laptop, ever! Alas, it’s still not a typist’s dream, but we’ll probably never get a true mechanical keyboard in a laptop, so this is about as good as it gets. And at this price, I think it’s time to kick Apple (and their iOSification of OSX) to the curb. This little box with Linux on it is amazing at this price.

Battery life not so hot, and no usb 3.0 support. 6GB means that memory performance is not optimal as it would be with the full 8 GB, but for the price, not a bad deal assuming you can live with the pre-installed crapware.

The “features” makes it sound like it has a touch screen. Trying to reel in people looking for a tablet maybe?

“Enjoy the ability to pinch, swipe, rotate or scroll through images on the display screen with a simple brush of your fingers”
…Yes, a brush of your fingers on the TOUCHPAD.

I’ll be honest I don’t quite know a lot about computers but I know people like having the Processor Benchmarks

Hope this information is helpful.

What WAS that email telling us other than Woot has a birthday? What marathon???

[MOD: Uhm, you’re a day late, dude. Sorry you missed the party. :(]

No pictures of it closed? No pictures of the sides to see the ports?

For those curious, this is an integrated graphics card.
Source

>AMD
>usb2.0
>lack of imagery for the back and sides

no deal

Read the description…

I/O Ports:
HDMI: 1
USB 2.0: 3
VGA: 1
RJ-45: 1
Headphone-out: 1
Mic-in: 1

Yeah, but I want to know how they’re all positioned. I also want to know what the top looks like.

Is must have been a boring party.

Here, let me google that for you.
Model#
L775D/S7340B

Looks like Amazon has the pictures you are seeking.

You should have let me make him use google to do our dirty work! :wink:

Does anyone know ho well this would do at gaming?
I want to get back into gaming and need a system that would be at least okay.

For those sad sacks of us that are a day behind, any review on teh fun stuff we missed please…

They’re saying it’s decent at gaming on lower settings.

I guess start here:

Yesterday’s product thread
The Birthday Thread
Woot’s FaceBook Page

There was 24 hours of video but we don’t have that available separately as of yet. Possibly in the future. Some repeat podcasts but some new stuff too.