Toshiba Quad-Core Laptop

Found a similar unit at Office Depot, but not a refurb, 4g ram, 640Hd. not sure about the processor says 1.5g. Same price after $100.00 rebate. What’s the better deal? Thanks

copy/paste then open appropriate link

It’s still early, wait until later i’m sure they’ll be another, if not a few more :slight_smile:

1saleaday has this HP which may be a better deal…???

But you can’t squaretrade I wouldn’t think…

Blu-ray in the description but not in the specs??

Doesn’t look like this thing will run Diablo 3 that well. The video card is two tiers below the minimum system requirement:

Need a laptop for the wife so we can play together. I guess I’ll just wait til the dang game is actually released. Laptop prices only go down, right?

I need a refurb to use as a workstation in my business, but this would be serious overkill.

However, I will add that I have had a Toshiba Satellite before and found it to be very reliable. Actually bought it used at a pawnshop and had it for several years with no problems.

Around the fifth time that the new puppy got tangled in the power cord and ripped it out, the DC inlet became detatched from the motherboard.

Research indicated that it only needed a new DC inlet, but the local repair shop said it would need a new motherboard. Ended up just buying a new laptop, as it was about that time.

The fact that it lived on the kitchen table and it took five puppy incidents for something to break is supposed to be a recommendation, by the way.

It’s like that really bad movie with John Cusack as a limo driver!!!

Didn’t even see that when I scooped one up in my order. I bought it for son who is going off to college in 7 months and to replace his dying netbook. I may have to rethink this … have always wanted a num pad on my own machine! What son doesn’t know doesn’t hurt him, right?

This was a great deal, BTW. I haven’t seen a laptop this loaded, even if it were refurb’d, for under $600.

I don’t see any mention of video memory. I assume this means the graphics processor shares the system memory?

What type of warranty does this have?

I see that I am running out of time on this one. How does this AMD A6-300M (1.4 GHZ) processor compare to the AMD E-300 1.3 GHZ in this Best Buy $380 Toshiba offering? http://deals.bestbuy.com/computers++tablets/product/4693133/toshiba++173quot+satellite+laptop++4gb+memory++500gb+hard+drive++black

I am out of the loop with processors so I no longer know how to compare them. Can anyone provide a quick reference site?

this ones taking forever…bye productivity!

was thinking the same thing, goodbye hourly billing

This has 2 GB more RAM but no blu-ray. Processor appears similar bur better (A8-3500M versus A6-3400M).

Am I imagining things, or did the yellow “percentage sold” status bar just move backwards when I refreshed? Maybe they found another pallet of these computers in the warehouse…

That is no ordinary rabbit! It is a killer bunny!

The screen on these is killer for movie watching.

Ok just found it, 90 day

I am also wondering. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM BLU-RAY?

And supports 16GB RAM MAX - This Toshiba only supports 8 max.