Toshiba SD-5000 Upconverting DVD Player with HDMI Out

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - Saving Woot prices for decades to come

Toshiba SD-5000 Upconverting DVD Player with HDMI Out
$34.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 Toshiba SD-5000 Upconverting DVD Player with HDMI Out

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

can this play divx files?

btw, like my new red icon/avatar thing? that whistler 1773 turned it to red from yellow. two woots total!

toshiba dvd players are usually pretty nice… that’s one thing i know… but refurbies always worry me… anyways… comparison shopping links are collected… and all this… eh.

I’m all about the upconversion. It’s like HD, but not.

So this thing makes regular DVDs look like HD and Blu-ray DVDs? We have an LG progressive scan DVD player that seems to have the same features so I am assuming it does the same.

wah wheres my cpd

not 1080p, go w/ an Oppo

why is this not a recorder?
kind of sad ;(

Froogle

Not a bad woot at all for the price. HDMI is the way to go now. The only downside is the price of the HDMI cable.

great deal. worth it for the price. i just got a dvd player no long ago i dont need this. but its worth it if you need one!

Toshiba Refurb always came with a lot of problems, too bad woot!!!

Nice of them to throw in the old red white and yellow composite cables.

You must get, like, an incredible picture from those.

Bought one a couple woot-offs ago. No problems whatsoever.

CNET REVIEW
65 dollar DVD player with good reviews.

Ok, who wants to fight about something only vaguely related to the product? violence in film?

Im sure libertarian has something to say, he always has something to say.

Meh,
Not so good a deal.

Is this any good? Good deal?

Good deal I think. Even though it’s a refurb it’s probably great. Toshiba has pretty good products. I’d be all over this if i had a HDTV

Poor amazon reviews (http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-SD-5000-Upconverting-Certified-Player/dp/B000MX5U46