Toshiba Smart 550sqft Portable AC + Heat

Toshiba Smart 550sqft Portable AC + Heat

4 Likes

The problem with these units is that if you run the exhaust out the window, you’re creating negative pressure in your area. Negative pressure is terrible for your health. If there’s no air getting back in, you’ll soon be in a vacuum. I don’t quite understand why these things are even on the market. I didn’t realize it until I bought one and ran it for a while. The area will start stinking because you’re sucking the gas up out of the drains.

4 Likes

These units are dual hose (Although its a hose in a hose).

I have the Midea version of this and its awesome and quite.

8 Likes

Most houses that need units like this are older and not sealed up enough to matter

1 Like

Yeah, this has an intake and exhaust in one hose. I bought one of these last year and thinking of buying another one. It’s a good unit and a lot quieter than my old one.

The downside is the big hose is harder to bend so the unit needs to be pretty close to the window.

4 Likes

Will this unit work in a basement with a small basement window (keeping in mind that the basement window is higher up on the wall)?

1 Like

Probably not. The hose isn’t very long or stretchable.

How do you all think this would work for a 3 car garage? Maybe 300 sq. ft. Plus very low humidity in this area.

1 Like

I would put the whole machine a little higher on something closer to the window

1 Like

You must have teeny tiny cars at 300 sf

1 Like

Having 6 portable units and a Flir Camera, as for the exhaust heat Single hose , not the Dual like this one… here is the answer…

Do not buy these off of amazon, BTW. they are not Genuine, nor do they work. They will use DeLongi’s Picture then send you some Chinese Copy.

Since the exhaust port of the 2-in-1 hose terminates right within or by the intake port of the hose, wouldn’t the A/C be sucking the hot exhaust air right back into the unit ? How is that supposed to work ?

2 Likes

What’s the difference between PT1411HWRU and PT1412HVWRU ? I believe the ‘V’ means ‘Variable’ ? Doesn’t the PT1411… have a variable speed inverter/compressor as well? What other differences ? Please be specific.

1 Like

*and please show your homework, Woot.

Did anyone receive theirs upside down and smashed in? There was nothing holding the bottom on, I think UPS dropped mine and put the box upside down with some foam on the bottom. Did anyone recieve a damaged product as well?

I have the Midea version with that same issue. The vent piece probably popped out and fell down. If you use a flashlight you might be able to see where the vent and the unit connect. In my case, I had to press down on a spring loaded circle to get the peg inside. Haven’t had any problems since.

I’m very sorry. Make sure you reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

Thanks for the response, I was able to pop it in and it seems to be working, but I noticed 2 clips are broken, the radiator fins are badly damaged and the remote was dirty and after cleaning it I noticed its scratched all over. Ive received refurbished stuff in the past that looks new, but not this time. I am hoping someone can tell me they got a good one and it would be worth replacing instead of returning.

I got mine today. My box was barely together and the packaging was just okay, like some guy did his best with what he had. It looks more like a return rather than refurbished. There’s some scuffs on the unit, one piece of plastic is broken but not a deal breaker. Some of the radiator fins are damaged too, not a lot but more than they should be. I’m using it right now and it’s doing a great job keeping the room cool so far, better than the last one I had. Its disingenuous to call this refurbished…

But this thing is quiet compared to my last one and it’s doing its job so far during the hottest part of the day. 'll probably keep it but this is the second time woot has done something like this to me

Pleaser each out to Woot! Customer Service. Even if you want to keep it, they may have options. And we do record issues with products/vendors.

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.