Tosot Dehumidifiers, Your Choice Size

Tosot Dehumidifiers, Your Choice Size

Can you provide the dimensions for the different size units? I don’t see them under the specs tab.

From the Tosot Website;

30 Pint -

• Dimension (W×H×D) 13.4 × 19.5 × 9.84 inch
  • Net Weight: 32 lbs
    50 Pint -
  • Dimension (W×H×D) 14.8 × 24 × 11.4 inch
  • Net Weight: 45 lbs
    70 Pint -
  • Dimension (W×H×D) 14.8 × 24 × 11.4 inch
  • Net Weight: 47.4 lbs
1 Like

I’ll never trust a standard priced dehumidifier with a 1 year warranty. These things break a lot. These are all over at this price range from tons of brands with better and worse stats. Do yourself a favor and shop around Costco, Sam’s, Walmart and Best Buy. You’ll find better.

2 Likes

Yes, i wonder what happened to dehumidifier’s quality control over the years. They used to last 10-15 years easily, now you are lucky if they last a year or two.

2 Likes

A few years ago there was a major recall on dehumidifiers. What became immediately obvious to anyone looking at the recall website is that there are one or two major OEM manufacturers of dehumidifiers, with everyone (Kenmore, GE, etc.) slapping their brand’s logo on it and selling it as their own.

Probably the biggest difference in units for sale now is the color, with minor differences in style for their plastic molding.

EDIT - Gree was the recalled comapny, it’s a chinese manufacturer, Tosot is a Gree brand.

1 Like

I have rentals and have had to buy dozens over the years the quality generally stinks. The Arctic King brand I bought here last month is running great. One article recommended buying a large capacity unit so it doesn’t have to work as hard and lasts longer. That makes sense. We had a horrible wet spring and the 70 pint unit worked very well. Some retailers like Karls offer inexpensive insurance but their units are more expensive.

1 Like

I have a large salt water tank in my basement, I have been through 5-7 over the last few years. The best one I have used so far is a Frigidaire. I’m sure the salt is hard on them, but this one has been pumping out water for about 3 years.

These are great dehumidifiers, not energy hogs. I have the 30 pint and love it

When I was a kid we had one in the finished cellar for years that just ran and did its thing. My parents moved and it continued to work perfectly at the new house. Finally sold it when my Mom died. Bet it’s still running. Since these are gone, you’re probably better off buying an old USA made one in a yard sale and taking the energy hit.

30 pint? I’d fill that in an hour in Philly.