Tote with Hinged Lid, Case of 6 - Your Choice

Of course you have to return anything that you say is damaged.

Otherwise I could say my new camera was “damaged” and then just keep it.

In this case, the process is not worth it, as you stated.

Not everything on Woot is crap, but not everything is a good deal either. One should always check online to see if you can get the same item cheaper elsewhere. I’d say half the time you can. In this case, it’s a lousy deal.

I’ve never checked local prices for this type of tote, but today’s deal definitely beats Amazon’s offering of the same 6-pack.

You don’t want the $6 ones from Home Depot. Half of them are cracked already in the store. However, the $10 “heavy duty” ones are sturdy enough for anything short of heavy commercial use. In stock at nearly every store all of the time. Buy as few or as many as you need.

You can also rent similar (larger) these. I guess it depends how much stuff you need to move, but I rented 60 of them, they delivered them to me and then came and picked them up at new home.

Regardless, it was fantastic not using a mishmash of grocery boxes.

These have a 1yr Akro-Mills warranty. In the event of damaged goods, I’m sure they’d probably replace them for you.

Otherwise, to return to Woot, you’d be provided a prepaid label. We wouldn’t make you pay for return shipping if something were broken.

I can vouch for that.

I got an Asus tablet that arrived DOA. After going back and forth with increasingly pissy ASUS support, insisting that I send them a piece of paper with “INVOICE” on it in big letters (which Woot does not provide), I finally gave up and contacted Woot. They emailed me a shipping label which I printed, taped to the box and dropped at the Post Office. They emailed me that they got it about a week later.

Edit: Hey, Woot! When are you going to either let us get an “Invoice” or screen your vendors better? This is at least the second time a vendor hassled me about warranty because I didn’t have an “invoice”!

But, it would only cost you 5 bucks for return shipping right? Just tell the Post Office, ‘Hey, I got this from Woot! They have a special deal with you guys to ship anything for 5 bucks.’ Then just tape a 5 to the package, leave it on the counter and walk off. Since they are close personal friends with Woot!, they already have the address and such.

tl;dr - email CS, they will send a shipping label.

Solution: Tell whomever, it was a gift…

This is exactly the service I need. . . where did you rent from?

Certainly not what you see in the video. The actual size is:
21-1/2" Long x 15" Wide x 12-1/2" Tall

According to Akro-Mills on Amazon, the list price is actually $166.45

http://www.amazon.com/Akro-Mils-39120-Distribution-Container-21-5-Inch/dp/B000189CSC

The street price is about $135, so, while Woot is offering a decent deal, it’s not as deep a discount as they’re touting.

As for the deal…3Camels says the lowest price ever observed for the exact same thing (6pk) was ~$20 back in 2013, with the same happening months apart…in other words, those prices looked like a 1-off, because the averages are from $130-140 (and some colors up to $180) with Prime.

I’d say while they aren’t cheap, you’re dealing with one vendor, with multiple color options for the same price, and dirt cheap shipping.

I’m in for 3 sets. I wish I had had these about 6 PCS moves ago. :confused:

As a Walgreens employee, I condone this! We lock ours up!

This. The Lenovo Thinkpad and HP Chromebook 14 weren’t too shabby, although I had to send in the CB for repairs due to a column of keys not working. However, it turns out that was not an uncommon problem.

Also, some stuff on Woot is pretty good, even though you may be able to find it cheaper elsewhere.

Woot is Amazon.

Nope. I’ve gotten lotsa good shit here. It wasn’t green from Colorado, but some really good …

Looks like future bag of crap will arrive in a sturdy container. :slight_smile:

Boxes shipped without packing and broke, attempting to contact customer service at woot but sent me some computer generated response to contact manufacturer, but did provide anything about who or how to contact.

Sorry about that. Here’s their contact page:

https://akro-mils.com/Contact-Us

We buy directly from them so they should be able to help you. If not, write back to our CS with the info you were given.