Tower Adventurer Inflatable SUP Bundle

PS - I am pretty sure if someone dug up that old Shark Tank presentation, they discussed cost to produce, etc.

Top Coupon
Woot CouponUnique Coupon for $10 off $25 at Woot
Store: Amazon Local
Price: Free
Lowest by: $10
Expires: 21 at 3 am ET
Do You Need It?: If the low prices at Woot wern’t quite low enough to tempt you into making a purchase, then this Amazon Local coupon will cut an additional $10 off all orders over $25. That ties our March mention and remains the best dollar-off coupon we’ve ever seen for Woot, yielding many all-time lows at the store. (Note that a credit card is required to complete the transaction, but you won’t be charged. The coupon will be added to the “My Vouchers” page of your Amazon Local account. Limit one per customer.)

Fairly thorough review

I LOVE THIS BOARD! It is well designed with high quality materials. My whole family had a blast on it at our last lake vacation. MUCH more practical than a solid board – inflates and deflates quickly and easily so we could take it anywhere - even in my 18 ft. ski boat.

ConanTheLibrarian - That’s actually just an internal video we made to show people how the boards work. This video below is a very detailed (and unsolicited) product review posted on YouTube by a river guide who knows his way around military quality inflatables like this:

[youtube=yMiumSxfaDQ][/youtube]

-Stephan

Indigo1017 - This is the #1 rated and reviewed paddle board on Amazon (inflatable or hard board) with 4.5 stars over 177 reviews. See the bestseller list here: http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Sports-Outdoors-Standup-Paddleboards/zgbs/sporting-goods/5522381011

-Stephan

Where do you attach the outboard? Is it okay to text while doing this?

Fiveonomo - Even at our direct to market price of $699 this is widely considered the best deal around, and that’s why this is the best selling iSUP model worldwide. Comparable iSUPs from other leading retail brands go for about $1200. Check out Uli, Naish, Hobie for comparable quality boards.

-Stephan

DJG - Yes, you are correct, and I was the guy that did the pitch. Actually, I’m known as the guy that forgot his pitch on Shark Tank! Haha! It’s was pretty bad, but then I came back and got a deal with Mark Cuban.

Since then, we’ve gone on to become one Cuban’s best investments from the show… largely because of the value proposition we offer in the SUP market at our regular prices.

Here’s the Shark Tank segment (which it’s still up as they tend to take these down): [youtube=bln1RdjHp6U][/youtube]

-Stephan

Cvdwl - Glad you and your wife are enjoying the board! Note that we’ve greatly improved the pump in the last year. I think another Woot’er mentioned this below. The new pump not only takes it to a higher PSI (up to about 20 PSI), but it’s also: 1) much easier to pump, 2) the handle is more comfortable, and 3) the hose is super flexible and won’t kink. We sell these individually if you want to upgrade your pump. It will make your life easier, I assure you!

The included paddle is a 3pc travel paddle. It is what it is. It’s not the greatest high-performance paddle by a mile, but it gets you on the water and it’s pretty indestructible you don’t have to worry about the kids damaging it. If you get serious into SUP, you’ll want to go out and get a carbon fiber paddle, but those sell from $200-$450 by themselves, so we don’t force one on you in a package.

-Stephan

Bought this same unit earlier this year in a similar W00T sales and we love it! The weight difference compared to the C*stco one we bought is unbelievable. I setup the unit is about ten minutes, pumping was easy. I haven’t broken it down yet, so no comments there. For my family, they don’t see a difference between this inflatable and the rigid, but at this price and the fact you can put it in a bag and carry it with you, I wish I had two and not the rigid. Hmmm…

Does anyone know how this board compares to the Isle 10 ft All Around besides price? http://tinyurl.com/kf757vl? I was about to pull the trigger on that board and I saw this one on Woot.

Thanks

Steve

Patric9956 - You can’t see the internal structure from just looking that the board, but if you could you’d find these inflatable paddle boards are quite interesting from an engineering prospective. They are made with 6" thick drop-stitch material, and the outer shell is comprised of 4 layers of PVC.

When you inflate the board the drop-stitch fibers work as a counter against the inflation and create an extremely rigid flat “board like” structure. It works like a reverse suspension bridge. You can span this paddle board over a 8’ span and a 200 lb guy can jump on on it and it will barely flex! We demo this at trade shows all the time and people are absolutely blown away. It can actually hold like 350 lbs over that span… but it bends a little then, of course. On the water, with a person on it, it’s extremely rigid as it’s not over a span at all.

Many people hear “inflatable” and assume this is like some kind of pool toy, but that couldn’t be farther from the truth. These are made in the same factories as inflatable Zodiac type boats and river rafts. Check prices on either of those and you’ll understand why inflatable SUPs of this quality sell for $1200 in retail stores.

One thing to note is that you can find lower quality inflatable paddle boards on the market. There are different types of construction used and I wouldn’t recommend many of them, at any price. I’d particularly warn you against getting a 4" thick inflatable (this one is 6" thick) as the thickness is key to rigidity and it’s an exponential effect. When we introduced this 6" thick Adventurer to the market, virtually all of the other inflatable SUPs on the market were 4" thick and they sucked. As soon as we introduced this 6" thick board, the inflatable SUP market began to take off. By going 50% thicker, we increased the rigidity by 400%! We also have a 14’ board that is 8" thick. It’s the only 8" thick iSUP on the market. The thicker drop-stitch material is considerably more expensive, as is our overall construction method. And this is whey boards of this quality sell for $1200 in retail, and why at $699 thru our direct to market strategy this is the best deal on a quality board and brand on the market.

-Stephan

I bought this last winter and it takes me less than 15 minutes to inflate.
It is a little bit of a chore, but not that bad. I think the pump is ok, but I have bought $20 air mattresses with electric pumps and I don’t know why they don’t have and electric one for this. However since I want to get a little exercise I don’t mind working on the pump.

SkatingBrit3 - These boards are good for up to 350 lbs, so really 2 people… or one really big dude! Usually with hard board paddle boards, bigger guys have to get a longer board to support their weight as hard boards are 4" thick and thin out towards the nose and tail. Even though this boards is only 9’10" long, it’s 6" thick all the way nose to tail, and it’s 32" wide (very wide for stability by SUP standards). As a result the volume is that of a pretty thick 12’ or even 14’ hard board SUP. This board will work for pretty much anyone, so weight shouldn’t be an issue.

-Stephan

Just out of curiosity, how much does one of these boards weigh when it is fully deflated? The girlfriend and I like to hike/camp and thought about getting one of these to take on a hiking trip to use in a lake or river.

Spahkee - Inflation with the new pump takes about 5-7 minutes. It’s not really that bad.

I admit with the old pump it kind of sucked :wink: But that’s not a problem anymore. And you won’t want to use anything else, although we are coming out with an electric pump in November, which you can pre-buy on our site now. That electric pump inflates this board in about 4 minutes.

Note on inflation of the board, we recommend you inflate it to 11-12 PSI. It is safe to pump it all the way to like 25 PSI, but it’s really diminishing returns past about 12 PSI as with a 6" thick iSUP it’s super rigid at just 11-12 PSI.

Also, you don’t have to pump up and deflate this board with every use. We inflate them in the shop and leave them that way for 4-6 months. They won’t lose air. Some people buy the inflatables for their indestructibility more then just their portability so they leave them inflated. We’ve actually ran over inflated boards with a car and they’re no worse for wear… although I wouldn’t recommend you do this with the board you just dropped some coin on. Haha!

-Stephan

My wife loves paddle boarding but she is very tall 6’5 and around ~190lbs. Is this board big enough for her or would a bigger board be better?

Woot! You’re a day late and a dollar short (well, $500 but who’s counting at this point). Would love to have one of these when we go to the lake this weekend. We only go to the lake a couple of times out of the year so, unfortunately, unless you can email it to me, it won’t arrive in time to use it. Looks like a great buy, though!

BlakeThornton - Thanks for the insight, and glad you are enjoying your boards! Definitely with the 14’ Tower Xplorer you’ve got one of the fastest iSUPs on the market. I’d guess it’s actually faster that most of the hard boards you have. We’ve tested in against our hard boards and it beats everything except our racing hard boards!

Sounds like you’ve been a little bit “speed spoiled” with the 14’ board so the 9’10" Tower Adventurer probably does seem a little slow to you. For most people, the 9’10" Tower Adventurer will be just fine for tooling around and they’re easier to transport and store while inflated. Once they’re in the water, the faster the board the better, but it’s no always in the water and that a big reason our Adventurer outsells our 14’ board 4:1.

This 9’10" Adventurer is also the best selling and most highly rated paddle board on Amazon by a WIDE margin.

-Stephan