Tower Adventurer Stand-Up Paddleboard

Num1zero,

We rate this board to be able to hold a 350 lb person. As you start getting over 250 lbs, it gets harder to ride though and you will have to be a more skilled rider to deal with the board at that higher weight class.

If you are a beginner and 300 lbs, I would point you towards our 14’ x 8" thick inflatable that we rate for up to 800 lbs. It’s a beast, but still rolls up almost as small as this one when deflated.

http://www.towerpaddleboards.com/Inflatable-Touring-Paddle-Board-Package-p/bd-twr-exp-pkg.htm

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards

Lynn,

Glad you are getting out and have improved the quality of your life! Good for you!

Thanks for your comments. Yes, the boards seem inflated to be ready to use at even 1-2 PSI and you can use them, but it’s more optimal to inflate to 10-12 PSI for performance paddling.

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards

SUPjuggler,

Thanks for your comments, and they are right on the money. You can “get by” but it’s just a lot more difficult when you near the 350 lbs weight capacity on these boards.

And funny that you’ve transition to using the iSUP for your main board. That is what a lot of people are doing. The industry is moving to inflatables more and more. They’re just better all around… except if you plan to surf them, then you need a hard board.

Enjoy your boards!

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards

One of the best things I’ve ever bought on Woot, though I got the Adventurer 2.

My wife travels a lot, and this fits nicely in the trunk of my car to take out when she’s out of town, rather than having something larger. I don’t have any trouble with the hand pump and it’s fun watching my nephews try to pump it up once it starts to get full. My wife keeps asking where hers is, so I’ll likely have to get another one sometime soon.

I’ve used it with a 3 or 4 year old sitting up front, and it still is easy to use. If you’re on the fence, I’d get it, you won’t regret it.

If I had one complaint, it’d be the lack of a leash, but that’s not a huge deal for me, since I use it on flat water anyway.

Overall, though, I really can’t recommend this board enough.

When my big sis was up here from Orlando she invited me to go kayaking with her and her life-long best friend. I didn’t think my fat ass would fit into a kayak…nice video review…gives me hope that someday I’ll get out there in these sofa king hot Oklahoma summers! Maybe next summer…we’ll see how the diet goes. :slight_smile:

I grew up on the water so it’s pretty silly that I just don’t get out there!

I have wooted both the Adventurer for my wife and Adventurer 2 for myself. Can’t say enough good things and any skeptic who saw or used them over the July 4th holiday was very impressed.

I use a cheap 12V pump which gets them to 1-2 PSI and then put in 100ish pumps per board to get to 12-13 PSI. Still working on the most optimal pump setup to save me some of that effort.

Using the integrated tie-down straps on the Adventurer 2, I created a PVC base for a GoPro and it holds perfectly.

http://i.imgur.com/H9fbRW8.png

Groz24,

Thanks for your comments and insights. Glad you are loving your board, and hope to see you buying another in the near future.

-Stephan Aarstol
Tower Paddle Boards

Cabbie3,

Nice shot! And glad you are loving both boards.

You will need a high-pressure pump to inflate these boards properly (and effortlessly!). We sell one on our site:

http://www.towerpaddleboards.com/Electric-Pump-for-Inflatable-SUP-p/acc-inf-elcpump.htm

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards

So Steph is kinda Bogarting the board…

I understand. It’s a nice board.

How so shade? Please tell us!!!1!