Tower Stand-Up Paddleboards- Your Choice

I live in Florida and will be using this most for flatwater rivers and springs. But, I do surf and would like to take these out on smaller days. How do these work in waist high surf? Thanks.

I was thinking about the adventurer 2 btw.

Got one last WOOT and was able to use it on the lake on Monday… The problem (I should have opened it sooner) is it was missing the fin which attaches to the bottom!

Still stable and my 2 yo sat on it while I tooled around. Now I have to try and find a fin for more stability.

BTW, he had his PFD on!

Mledawn,

Thanks for your comments, and glad you are enjoying your board. My one recommendation would be to pump the board up to about 12 PSI. It will make your board a bit more rigid and faster. You can actually ride these iSUPs are just 1-2 PSI and they’ll work just fine, but the more rigid the board the faster they will go so try inflating it a little more and see how you like it.

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards

So I have ordered the Adventurer 2 Kit. Does the repair kit also come with this package?

Thanks Much!

…and the faster you go the more stable the board, which makes it easier to use.

Djairo,

Thanks for your comment and glad you are enjoying your board.

On the replacement fin, we sell a number of them on our website, not just the river fin. Here is a link to the exact fin you need for a replacement:

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards

Josborne1,

Nice! Three boards, huh? That’s pretty common that people will get one board are first and then end up with a whole fleet!

The electric pumps are really handy, especially when you are packing around a fleet of boards. Here’s a link:

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards

Draigun,

Yes, I’m infamously known as giving the worst pitch in the history of Shark Tank… that still landed a deal.

But as they say, it’s not how you start it’s how you finish. Check out this 2016 Forbes article that names us in the top 10 all time of Shark Tank companies. And if you dig deeper and look at the return on investment, I believe we’re at #2 all time. A lot of this success is because of these two inflatable paddle boards that are on sale here today, 2 of the most popular and highly rated boards in the world!

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
TOwer Paddle Boards

Spdmsqw,

Thanks for the comments. Yes, rental fleets are switching over to these inflatable boards in droves. If they’re still using hard boards it’s because they just don’t know any better. These iSUPs are nearly indestructible, where a hard board can get damaged walking out the door on the first day. In a rental fleet, those hard boards have to be replaced every year. With iSUPs, even with really heavy use, I’d guess it’s more like 5 years.

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards

Blakethornton,

Wow, that’s a serious trek on a paddle board. Where was this?

You’re definitely on the right board for covering that kind of distance.

Thanks for your comment,

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards

So how do these work in small surf? Say waist high or so? I’m thinking about the adventurer 2. Thanks.

Steve,

Congrats on the purchase! You’re going to love the board! Enjoy your summer!

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards

Popang,

Thanks for your comment, and questions. Glad you are loving your boards.

For storage, ideally you keep these boards deflated and out of overly harsh climates. The layers of the boards are glued together at the seams, so the less excessive cold and less excessive heat, the better. They’re pretty durable, but if you want to extend their lifespan as much as possible, I’d say keep them in as controlled of an environment as you can. They’re pretty small when rolled up, so maybe find a closet inside for the worst of the winter.

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards

Manhandsha,

Wishing you luck that someone decides to send a gift your way :wink:

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards

CritterB,

Inflatable boards aren’t ideal for surfing. For that you really want to get a hard board (Epoxy & Fiberglass shell over a foam core) as you need the edge transition to carve turns in the waves. So if you want to surf, you need a hard board. If, however, you just want to have waves push you towards shore and have a little fun, you certainly can use an iSUP and I do this on ocassion. But I wouldn’t call it real surfing.

for the flatwater, the iSUP is just as good as a hardboard, and I’d argue better given it’s durability, portability, and storability advantages.

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards

MNpunisher,

Much better control with a fin. Just call or email our customer service and reference your order and they’ll get a fin out to you. Some people are surprised, but we actually answer the phone and will take care of any problems directly. All you have to do is ask.

Email info@towerpaddleboards.com
Call 866-622-4477

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards

Billlewis,

Thanks for your question. The “repair kit” that comes with the board includes 2 PVC patches and a valve wrench. It does not however include glue (as they creates shipping issues as they deem tubes of glue “hazardous” or “flamable” materials or something). Anyways, you would need PVC glue to do a repair and it’s readily available in any hardware store. Here’s a link to our FAQ page on this question.

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards

Me and my paddle buddy paddled a local river here in Missouri, the Meramec River. We did the whole length of it in just under 3 days of paddling (gps read 205 miles, official length appears to be 193.5). We covered 60-75 miles each day. Not only did I carry gear on it, but it was also my sleeping pad–I just slept on the board at night. I’m sure we set some sort of record for total descent of this river.

I LOVE my tower explorer. I’ve raced it too, but its a little too slow to do any serious racing (and I’m a slow paddler). But it was the perfect board for this trek, and future treks.

Hah. I’m just giving you a hard time. I’d be a nervous wreck in that same situation. Like I said, if anything it helped, because I remembered the name “Tower” instantly.

Also, it’s really sweet of you to respond individually to each person here. :slight_smile:

AWESOME Blake! Sounds like a great adventure!

Stephan Aarstol
Founder & CEO
Tower Paddle Boards