TP-Link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug (2-Pack)

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

TP-Link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug (2-Pack)
Price: $29.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Tuesday, Apr 24 to Wednesday, Apr 25) + transit
Condition: New (Open Box)

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](TP-Link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug (2-Pack)) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=TP-Link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug (2-Pack)) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](TP-Link - Google Shopping Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug (2-Pack))

I finally found a use for this besides a Christmas tree. I re-purposed mine exact same one), and it’s now running a grow light for some newly planted vegetable seeds. I might be back for these later.

For a second there I thought you were selling Jiffy Muffin Mixes…

I use these plugs with my Amazon Echo’s to control the lights in my art and welding rooms, as well as corner lamps in the rest of the house. I’ve been using the TP Link ones for about two years now and haven’t had to replace one yet. Really handy when your hands are covered with wet concrete or paint. This is a decent deal, and if I didn’t already have a couple spares, I’d go for it.

I have 4 of these that control my living room and some bedroom lamps. They work flawlessly. I have a few of the light switches as well (HS200) for outside lights. My next TP-Link purchase will be the light bulbs (LB100) for the dining room.

I picked up a different brand when they were listed here on Woot a few weeks ago. That 4 pack on the mothership currently equates to $2 less/plug than the TP-Link version listed here. When I got them, a coupon code via another Wooter brought them down to $30 for the 4 pack, or half the price of the TP-Link/unit.

I have had zero problems with the iSelector brand, and configuration was a breeze with the app walking you thru it. Nothing bad to say about them at all. Just FYI in case you want to save a few bucks.

I have TP-Link light switches also (not plugs) that control our outdoor lighting, and likewise I have not had any issues with those, and they too were an easy config.

Can you plug a wall ac unit into these?

You can plug anything in up to 15A total load (IOW, the same as your typical home ciricuit).

Thanks… I assume it will be just on and off, is that a safe assessment? The app wont do more than that … Thnaks

Yes, just on/off. Its safe for appliances up to 15A.

The other nifty part of this is that you can see and track electrical usage online. For example, you can see exactly how much power that old fridge in your garage is using and what it costs to keep running every year.

I’ve got a few I use for lamps, a plug in electric heater, and seasonal decorations. Paired with Amazon Alexa I just ask out loud to turn them on or off. A few get scheduled so they turn on and off automatically.

I’m not 100% sure but I believe this model will not track energy usage. I think you need the HS110 version that offers energy monitoring.
Perhaps a woot employee can clarify?

You are correct. I own both. This model does not keep track of usage.

Yes on/off, but you can also set up a schedule as to when they turn on/off.
I have both of my window AC units setup this way.
I’ve had zero problems with mine and I’ve been using them for 2 years.

I have 4 of these in my house, and they have all worked flawlessly from day 1. 2 of them control small fans, 1 I keep in the kitchen to control various small appliances that lack native on/off control (George Forman grill, air popper, etc), and 1 I keep in my garage to control seasonal decorations. Th garage one has held up to winter temps as low as -20 so far.

I use one for my outdoor fountain. the plug is under my covered patio.

How do multiple people use it?

If you invite guests to your home, how do they use it?

If you got the plugs set on a schedule, there’s nothing for a guest to do. But if they want to control them manually they can give off/on commands to Alexa or Google, or push the button on the plug itself.