TP-Link Smart Plug w/ Energy Monitoring

Enable the app to use your GPS, go into the settings and update your location.

If it takes too long, you can get your Lat/Long manually by using a site like This One, and enter them manually

Then on the schedule page, where it lists that date/time, use the left arrow to set it to sunrise, or the right arrow to change it to sunset.

Here is some documentation.

Using IFTTT.

Yeah, I totally use one for my Christmas tree. It took me 5 months to find a use for it.

It does set up and pair really easily.

I’m pretty new to doing the smart home stuff - I have a Google Home unit, and so far I’ve only purchased 2 Wemo outlets. Is there any benefit to sticking with one brand for additional smart outlets/switches?

The brand isn’t as important as the technology, there are a few of them out there, and they work in different ways.

Here is a good starting point.

There are Pros/Cons to each, one technology might work better for one use (sensors and such), and another technology better for lighting etc.

Wemo is wifi dependant but doesn’t require a hub, others operate on a mesh network but require a hub if some kind. Z-Wave devices repeat Z-Wave signals etc. The more devices you have of a particular technology, the more reliable the channels between them become.

Completely agree and the exact reason I had to returned 5 of these via Amazon a while ago.