Tracker Bluetooth Tracking Device - 2pk

I bought these the last time they came up on wet and have and have been very disappointed. The tracking feature takes as long as 10 minutes to link to my ipad. Also, the alarm on the device which is supposed to help you find the lost item is very faint. Customer service is unreachable. The idea of never losing my keys or wallet sounded great, but in this case, the promise did not live up to the delivery.

Choking Hazard for under 3. Darn it, I was gonna stick one on my 2 1/2 year old… I lose that little guy all the time.

I completely understand the comments that these are crap and not to purchase; however my curiosity has me as to what this technology can actually do.

1. Can I track anything with the app - anywhere or do I have to be within 150 ft?

My thought is that kid “trackers” require ungodly expensive subscriptions. I just want something I can attach to my kids (lets say jacket) so that if some creep takes him I can track him down? But if I have to be within 150 ft of the device it’s useless for anything especially luggage as was suggested someone used it for?

I just want to know if the technology in these will lead me to something 6 states away or not (err if it is capable of it) - even if it only gets me to the right house that is a start :slight_smile:

Thanks --CK

that is hilarious. sorry.

yeah i have no idea what these would be used for. i really dont lose things

I got these last year at brookstone and use the Stick n’ find app on my iphone (4s and now 5s). No problems. Works as advertised. Every now and then one takes a little while to find (10-20 seconds), but most of the time, the link up is under five seconds. App helps me figure out which room they are in (signal strength) and then I page them to locate the sticker (attached to my keys). Could definitely be louder, but works OK.

I’ve been searching for something like this for a while to stick to my frolf discs.

Losing a $20 disc in the woods sucks, but given the comments here it sounds like I’d be out $28, with which I could have just bought more discs to begin with!

Can someone rekindle my hope for this product, or are all reviews really that bad?

@mhcaillesrn, slick stuff. If that “TrackR bravo” ends up performing as they promise, and doing it responsively like they show, I’ll buy several. But I’m not ready to be the early adopter with arrows in the back on it. Shows January 2015 delivery and they blew thru their funds request of $20K.

Someone (unnamed) in our home badly needs all that functionality. : )

No no no. Do not buy. I purchased a pair the last time they came up, it took me several weeks to even find the app (I had to follow a link on an even older woot-posting, the Google Play Store didn’t even have them) to find out that the app couldn’t install.

I tried this on my disc golf disc a couple of months ago. The tracker only gives radio feet (approximate distance based on signal strength that can vary for a lot of other reasons other than distance.) It does not give direction and it took a long time (5 or more minutes) to reconnect with the sticker after it got out of the limited range (<100feet). All that considered I thought it may still be worth it until the very first disc I couldn’t find that had the sticker attached and the sticker died it. It was less than a week old and was only used a few times; it should not have been a battery. I lost the disc and also the sticker :-(. I don’t recommend them. Wait until a better product comes out.

I tried this on my disc golf disc a couple of months ago. The tracker only gives radio feet (approximate distance based on signal strength that can vary for a lot of other reasons other than distance.) It does not give direction and it took a long time (5 or more minutes) to reconnect with the sticker after it got out of the limited range (<100feet). All that considered I thought it may still be worth it until the very first disc I couldn’t find that had the sticker attached and the sticker died it. It was less than a week old and was only used a few times; it should not have been a battery. I lost the disc and also the sticker :-(. I don’t recommend them. Wait until a better product comes out.

I keep losing my phone at home. I have to get my son to call me.

At least the phone makes a noise… My only problem is losing my glasses, and when I’m not wearing them I’m blind as a bat so finding them is even more difficult… what I wouldn’t give for the ability to phone my glasses.

DO NOT PURCHASE! Worst piece of crap I’ve purchased in the last 10 years. Unfortunately I purchased two of them before they were on Woot and I should have just gave the money to charity…at least someone would have gotten a better use of the money.

I bought three thinking the mapping feature would be so great when the dog gets off leash or the cat hasn’t been home in 2 days…and a 3rd just as back up in case one of them found a puddle or something and killed their tracker.

!!!WRONG!!!

These things are a complete and utter waste of time. Unless you’re using it to find keys or something that you already know the general vicinity of, they are useless. The “app” can hardly detect the stickers. The Mapping option is disabled and says “you haven’t registered your stickers” so you go to the website to register them only there’s no option to. The only thing you can do on the website is order more or change your email address. So they cannot be mapped.

This is the worst money I ever spent. I only wish I had tried them out while still within the 21 day return period. I’d have returned them all. As it stands, they are the biggest waste of money I’ve ever bought.

I’d have been better off just duct taping my phone to whatever I don’t wanna lose and using the google “ring my phone” feature.

Complete and total junk. And if you don’t believe me, look up the app’s reviews on the android market place. Or the other comments here which will lead you to the original company’s reviews (stick n find). This is rebranded junk and had I known about the utter theft performed by stick n find when these were first released, I would never have purchased this product.

DO NOT BUY THIS! I’ve lost so much respect for Woot even offering this. Much less offering it a SECOND time. Shame on you! This is a completely useless product! And you have to know that by now! Just look at the reviews and the returns you must have.

I bought three thinking the mapping feature would be so great when the dog gets off leash or the cat hasn’t been home in 2 days…and a 3rd just as back up in case one of them found a puddle or something and killed their tracker.

!!!WRONG!!!

These things are a complete and utter waste of time. Unless you’re using it to find keys or something that you already know the general vicinity of, they are useless. The “app” can hardly detect the stickers. The Mapping option is disabled and says “you haven’t registered your stickers” so you go to the website to register them only there’s no option to. The only thing you can do on the website is order more or change your email address. So they cannot be mapped.

This is the worst money I ever spent. I only wish I had tried them out while still within the 21 day return period. I’d have returned them all. As it stands, they are the biggest waste of money I’ve ever bought.

I’d have been better off just duct taping my phone to whatever I don’t wanna lose and using the google “ring my phone” feature.

Complete and total junk. And if you don’t believe me, look up the app’s reviews on the android market place. Or the other comments here which will lead you to the original company’s reviews (stick n find). This is rebranded junk and had I known about the utter theft performed by stick n find when these were first released, I would never have purchased this product.

if your phone is an android and you have it hooked into your goggle account (if not, just make a google acct). You go into your account and then “settings” and there’s an option to track your phone. Once that comes up, there’s a button on the upper left that says “ring”. It takes a few minutes. But your phone will start ringing and won’t stop till you push the power button. GREAT feature!

Would this work in the reverse? I want to keep one in my pocket, maybe sewn in, to tell me when I forget my phone, keys, etc.

No. Nothing will happen when you walk away from your phone. The app will only try and locate the tokens, not alert if they are a certain range.

In reality though, the ranging does not work at all even if the tokens are awake. Once the token goes to sleep, there is no way to wake them up remotely using the app to find your item. This company has about 5 listings on Amazon to keep running from their dismal reviews.

Well, how handy is that?! Never knew about this feature, thanks! Immediately tried it, and it worked just as you said.

Very poor product. I too am a bit disappointed that Amazoot offered it a second time.

I needed to use it a couple of days ago in my home to find my keys. Good that I was prepared with the Tracker - not. Fired up the iPhone and searched for the keys. Couldn’t get a good directional fix, but they seemed to be 6 - 12 feet away, somewhere. I wandered around the house like the Ancient Mariner with an electronic divining rod, but it was always beyond my reach.

I finally gave up and resumed searching the old fashioned way - Brownian motion.

I finally located the keys in my pants pocket… Ooops.