Tragic event (I am serious) - Trigger Warning

Hi Woot Fam

I don’t know how to say this anyway, but what it is - the conversation is about to get dark fast.

My house burned to the ground (literally) on Wednesday. I lost all but 2 of my pups in the fire.

I was able to pull Remi and Perry out of the fire and after the awesome team of EMTs that responded, they were able to be revived.

We all have been cleared by the doctors/vet and moved into a hotel last night (we had been staying with friends).

Perry and Remi Hotel Day 1 Perry and Remi Hotel Day 1 - Album on Imgur

All things considered we are doing ok. People (and insurance) have gone above and beyond.

I ask that each of you hold your love ones a little tighter and please, hug and tell you pups (and other animal family members) you love them.

Your Woot Fam Member

5 Likes

I am glad to hear that you didn’t lose anyone. Things are just things and when we are gone, they will no longer be our things, so losing them is not as bad as losing loved ones.
You’ll be in my thoughts, FWIW, and I hope you can get through it all without too much heartache.

8 Likes

There are no words I can convey that would really measure up to what you have survived. I am so thankful you are in good health and have your furbabies with you. I am thinking of you, and wish you the utmost support and success in this next chapter.

8 Likes

Holy Shit. Words can’t explain the hurt in my heart. This is one of my biggest fears when leaving my house and all 6 of my furkids inside. I am also glad to hear that insurance/etc is stepping forward so quickly. If I was there I would give you a big hug. (I don’t give those away too often)

4 Likes

I am so sorry. That’s got to be hell to go through. Hug your pups. You’re strong. You’ll get through this.

8 Likes

Sorry for the tragic time in your life.
We always hug our dogs, but we’ll give them an extra hug.
My hope & prayers that you get your life back to normal soon.

How many other pets were there?
:heart:

7 Likes

I am so, so sorry. I know how much you love your pets. I wish I could say something to take the hurt away, but I know I can’t. Please know my thoughts are with you and your pups.

7 Likes

So horrible, so sorry to hear this. This is tragic and life changing. Like others, glad you/your family are ok. Sending many prayers your way. Please let us know if theres anything we can do to help…

6 Likes

I’m so sorry. This is awful, just awful. I’m glad you were able to save Remi and Perry, but I grieve with you for all you’ve lost. This will not be an easy road, so I wish you strength and comfort in the coming months/years.

5 Likes

Oh wow. That is awful! Do you mind my asking how it started? Glad you got out ok.

4 Likes

I’ve been hugging FHD all day, since reading this.
You have shared so much of your fur-family with us over on the U. Pets thread, we know how much they all were loved.
My heart is breaking for your loss, and I’ll be keeping you and your family in my prayers. :pray:t2:

3 Likes

No clue. No point in investigating with a total loss (neither the Fire Marshall or insurance). They both needed to rule out arson, for insurance purposes, which was done the same night - I came home to puffs of light grey smoke coming out the windows and it went up in flames quickly. I ran around the house kicking in the doors/glass. I am going to leave it at that…

If you are interested, here are pictures - the wood you see in the front was/is my privacy fence and the one wall is basically all that was left standing.

These are pics of what is left. They aren’t graphic in terms of seeing it on fire, but it they are pretty tragic.

I don’t want anyone to be triggered.

Warning … what was left

3 Likes

Perry and Remi have “taken” to life in a hotel pretty quickly!

6 Likes

Having suffered a fire loss myself, it is such a tragedy! You get on the other side one day at a time. Be strong, be adaptive, and rebuild. You are brave! Perry and Remi are proof. Rebuild from there. You are in my thoughts and prayers for strength and determination. :green_heart:

4 Likes
[quote="Wooter825352529, post:12, topic:1033182"]triggered. Warning[/quote]

:roll_eyes:

Nah… I didn’t mean to pry (yeah, I guess I did) but I didn’t mean to be insensitive. I’m just curious by nature. That’s a shame.

2 Likes

This is devastating news! Sorry doesn’t cut it. No words can. I feel like I want to help.
Please know that people do care and if you need to call someone to just cry or say anything, or say nothing, I’m messaging my # to you. (I don’t get to check Woot as much as I’d like to lately.) You can call / text anytime though! You’re in the bottom of the miry pit right now, but you WILL NOT stay there. Hugging you
Wendy

5 Likes

I cannot imagine what you are going thru right now. :hugs:

4 Likes

Oh dear. So sorry this happened and glad you and your dogs are ok. You’ve got a support group here to vent, share etc.
A friend of mine parents went through something similar last year: sudden fire and loss of items. While remodeling their house they stored mostly everything in a garage/shed building which caught on fire. They lost mostly everything. Figured out it was probably started from rags used for furniture varnishing/staining during remodel and the resulting heat combusted.
Again I hope you will be ok and have support.

5 Likes

I have heard some of the most amazing stories with fire loss - mine is “tame” consider.

One family lost everything due to hay in their attic spontaneously starting on fire - you really cannot prepare

4 Likes

I did not take it as insensitive - if I knew, I would have no problem with sharing.

3 Likes