Travel Hard Wear Matrix 3pc Set 3-Colors

Zooming in on the zipper (at the top of the each bag) it appears you provide the locks. You can see the ring for the lock hasp and the two handles for the zippers. I don’t think too many companies still make the old built in locks on luggage any more.

This luggage does nest.

It has been my experience, that the wheels on spinners are the weakest part. I took a 3 week trip to New Zealand and the wheels on my cheap luggage did not survive (single rollerblade type wheels). The wheels on my better piece (double wheel design) survived nicely. I would want to know a lot more before buying this set. The wheels look cheap from the pictures.

They tend not to call you, though not impossible (I’ve been called once). They break the lock or the luggage if no TSA lock on it. Surprisingly, not enough American travelers are complaining about this breach and reach of power.

496x1227

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/Tsa_notice_of_baggage_inspection.jpg[/img]

My brother was subject to a crow-barred suitcase. I’ve had damage to cases with no resolution because the BIG GOV says so, in their nice written notice they put in the luggage.

I’ve also had items stolen from luggage. Honestly, there is no reason the process cannot include being present when being checked, being sealed and then not touched again until the destination. No different than when checking carry-on items.

OH… my product related comment. Wheels that extend beyond the luggage itself, airlines don’t cover if they are damaged. My last time traveling, one of the wheels was torn off, with a part of the luggage body. Will not buy this style again.

In case anyone else is wondering what ABS is:

ABS, also known as acrylonitrile-butadiene styrene, is a very common type of Polyethylene/ Polypropylene used to make light, rigid and durable injection-molded products for a variety of uses.
ABS is globally recognized for it’s durability and longevity and is used in a large number of products.

Thanks. You beat me to it.

I have ABS hiding under my 12 pack of belly.

is any one (or more) of these allowed as carry on?..i’m travelling to texas for the first time in 30 years and i’'m trying to find out the easiest way to fly,if there is such a thing…

This appears to be a cheap luggage set that might not be a very good deal at woot’s current price. Here are reasons why:

• ABS instead of polycarbonate shell
  • Does not expand
  • Does not have TSA locks
  • Compartment divider does not appear to contain zippered pockets
  • No-name brand – the brand is not even listed on Olivet’s website
  • Made in China

Given the above, the purported $700 MSRP is likely grossly inflated. Similar luggage sets are available on Amazon and Walmart for around the same current woot price.

I’ve learned that if you can’t find information about a certain product online, then proceed with extreme caution. I bought an Olevia 42" 120Hz LED HDTV from B&H during their Black Friday sale last November and it sucks. It’s starting to ghost like a mother, and I have never seen it display 120Hz. Only information I could find on the TV at the time was on HSN.

I’ve had TSA ruin 2 “Official TSA” locks, damage a zipper beyond repair, and throw things back into the bags so helter-skelter that gift items were broken. None of these things happened on the same trip so I can’t blame one Totally Slack Agent for the damage. I’m beginning to think styrofoam coolers, grocery bags, and duct tape is the way to go!!!

I knew it was risky buying this, as there was a dearth of information to be found. I do have one good thing to say and one bad thing to say. The good-I believe I bought this on a Saturday, and it was at my doorstep on Monday, unbelievably fast. The bad–these things appears to be some of the shoddiest things I’ve ever touched. Will be used to store stuff I guess, cause I wouldn’t travel with them. Yuck.

I would disgree. I have used them multiple times and they have been great. Maybe my expectations weren’t astronomical but for $150 for 3 pieces I think it’s a steal!