Travelpro 2PC Luggage Set (Your Choice)

Sam’s club usually stocks this for $99

Out of stock right now - but inventory comes around quite frequently. Am I missing something on this “deal”?

I used to be a road warrior, flying twice a week every week. I bought a Travelpro rollaboard and a rolling tote. The rollaboard was great; the rolling tote’s wheel axles wore out after about two years.

Now I can’t use either one of them because something oily spilled inside the rolling tote, and the airlines reduced their allowed bag size, rendering the rollaboard useless.

Hardside vs softside: I definitely come in on the softside, uh, side. For one thing, cloth is lighter than metal and more durable than plastic. Softside bags are compressible if they’re not completely full, enabling you to wedge things into an overhead bin that you wouldn’t have room for with a hard case. Conversely, shame on you if you overpack, but if you do, the softside is more forgiving, because it flexes.

If you want to know the best kind of bag for frequent travel, though, don’t just listen to me; just keep your eyes open next time you’re in the airport and look at what the pilots and flight attendants use. You’ll see a lot of Travelpro and Luggageworks softside rollaboards, and not much else.

Finally, if you are one of those people who thinks your carryon is called a “rollerboard,” go hit yourself in the head with a hardside suitcase until you learn better. It is a rollaboard, because you roll it aboard.

Can someone please confirm that the smaller soft bag is allowed as carry-on. Most major airlines now allow 22x14x9 including wheels and handles. Specs for this bag are listed as 20x14x9 excluding wheels and handles, allowing only 2 inches for wheels/handles. Cutting it very close. I want to buy, but only if smaller bag can be used as carry-on. Thanks.

I’m sorry about this. I’ve alerted the proper authorities about this and we are working on fixing the issue. In the meantime I’ve set up an Unofficial Official Thread for everyone to share their feelings!

Hard shell makes you stay within the parameters of the airline rules. Soft expands and kinda fools you on size. However, I do not like the way most hard shell suitcases split to open in the middle. I would rather have it all on one side with a lid. New ones like this in hard shell are coming out but very expensive. Like soft sided best.

The pictured soft side luggage shows travel pro luggage with magnatrac wheels. What model is this luggage? Does it have magnatrac wheels?

The model numbers are:
Hardside: TP5062W2A55, TP5062W2A22
Softside: TP5152W2A01, TP5152W2A22

I will ask about the wheels. Hang tight!

:meh: