Triacipedis the White III (5)

Woot Cellars 2011 Triacipedis the White III 5-Pack
$59.99
2011 Triacipedis the White in the Dominion of the Flower-King
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
7/12/12

I don’t know if I should order more because I still haven’t received my first order, sigh.

Bought this the last time it was up and just finished the 2nd bottle yesterday. REALLY like this one.

I bought this offer last time. Nice wine, but 2 of the 3 bottles I’ve opened so far had a small bit of glass break from the lip of the bottle as I was twisting in the corkscrew. Had to strain it to be safe. Otherwise, would sure buy more but I’ve got two bottles of this to go.

I bought 3 of these last time they were up. A Decent substitute to F-bomb if you enjoyed that. I do not regret purchasing 3 last time. This is some tasty juice

Really liked this one last time. I noticed the title says “… the White III” and the CT link has “… in the Dominion of the Flower King”. Are they the same wine? Thanks for clearing that up.

I’m going to go against the crowd on this one. I’ve only tried one bottle, but it had an off taste on the finish to me that made it difficult to drink. I didn’t take detailed notes, and I’m hoping there is some bottle variation at fault here.

I’ll pay more attention on the next bottle.

Yes, they’re the same wine. This is the third “Triacipidis the White” variant.

I bought 5 of these when they were up for sale recently and three of them are gone. I’m seriously thinking about getting another 5 as it’s quite good.

Yikes! Mine arrived before the end of July.

Is this better than the F-bomb?

We had our first bottle this weekend and had the exact same experience as krobart. Some glass on the lip of the bottle broke off when pulling the cork. Luckily it did not fall back into the bottle.

I really enjoyed the wine though.

Hmm, I think I still have a couple of this and maybe one bottle of F-Bomb. IIRC I think F-bomb got the slight nod, but this is still good. With it getting closer to fall, I may hold off on this one and see what else comes along.

Both my fiance and I DEFINITELY liked this one better than the F-Bomb. That had a odd finish.

Was thinking I might need a better corkscrew. The one I have is: simple twist-in, push down arms, then wiggle the cork out.

We use a two stage corkscrew (waiter style, the one with the “elbow”), never had this problem before. It will be interesting to see how the next bottle holds up.

I’ve been doing this to the detriment to my walls so I don’t damage the cork.

I had a similar experience - I am in no hurry to open my next bottle, and I’ll be passing on these.

Best way to avoid this IMO is to pull the cork before taking off the foil.
I use a sommelier puller and never crack the bottle…

Still have plenty of F-Bomb left, so I’ll pass.

That said, Woot! would do well to put together mixed cases of their wine. Just a thought… :slight_smile: