Triacipedis the White III (5)

I may be late on this, but is the name Triacipedis a “third leg” (or “foot”) joke?

say the word in a New Jersey accent. you’ll get then.

I think the best part of that video is the fact that he described the process in the same way someone describing the process of, oh say the Houdini, might do. If you don’t understand French, it’s still a good watch. Thanks for posting :wink:

Opened one for the team. No broken glass but the cork was so tight my Cork Pops wouldn’t open it so I resorted to a traditional, manual corkscrew.

Nose of apples, grapefruit, pears and honeysuckle. Crisp, steely entry with green apples, pears, guava and petrol on the palate with a heavy, slightly viscous mouthfeel and tart citrus on the finish. The petrol lingers through the finish and might be the contributing factor for those who feel that the finish is a bit off.

Overall, a nice Albariño blend with good QPR. I probably enjoyed the F-Bomb a little more but it’s a close call.

I bought a bunch of these (15) last time they were offered.
The first bottle at least had a bit of a bitter aftertaste for me. I definitely preferred Triacipidis I, II, and F-Bomb over this one. That said, even with the aftertaste, it isn’t bad…

I drank a second bottle already, but I didn’t pay as much attention that time as to whether the aftertaste was there again.

Hmm, yeah, this seems like a better description of my issues with the finish.

edited- meant to quote the instructions to pronounce it with a jersey accent…

ha… that makes me want it… but got eh? reviews? and broken pieces? … not so sure. My waffling might be longer than the lights will permit.

My order was damaged in shipping and returned to sender, who apparently ignored the fact that broken bottles were returned to them and I had email a couple of weeks after they had apparently received, at which time I was told I would be receiving replacements within up to 4 weeks. First somewhat unpleasant dealing with woot.

Thanks. Mine is a wing corkscrew. I’ll check out a sommelier.

I have been using my Rabbit corkscrew lately and too don’t remove the foil so I havent had a glass problem with my bottles from the last offering.

I liked this wine a lot. It has a crisp taste and I didn’t notice a weird finish at all. In for another.

I had the broken bottle issue as well. It didn’t fall into the bottle, but I have a wee one and dogs so I was scouring the floor for the tiny glass bits that went flying. I’d still buy it again. I think it would make a lovely white sangria.

the one bottle I’ve opened so far had this problem as well. I’ve loved all 3 of the Triacipedis releases, I’ll probably risk the glass and another box of 5

Mid-day wine tasting for the team? You, sir, are a great human being.

Agreed.

Oh, you wanted replacements for those? ha

Add another who had a chipped glass incident while pulling the cork. I was using a traditional waiter’s corkscrew.

I liked the F-bomb more than this one, but I did enjoy this too. I’m not good at describing whites, but what struck me about this one was apples out the wazoo, with a little honey and apricot undertones. I did not personally detect a disparaging aftertaste.

One of my more enjoyable “what the hell” moments, at least recently. I’m on my second glass now and will probably be attacking the lawn with a mower in a Triacepedes-fueled rage after # 3.

EDIT: drowning my sorrows over almost $4k in car repairs this week between 2 vehicles may also have something to do with it

Still not getting it. Maybe I haven’t fully grasped the accent? Or maybe I’m just missing it.

I didn’t find an off finish on either of the bottles I have consumed so far so this may be a bit of variation either in the bottle or in our preferences.

As I said when this came up the first time, This one goes down easily. Smooth and a bit sweet. Fruity and flowery but not cloying. Simple but delicious.

And yes, it would make an EXCELLENT peach sangria.