Trigonometree

Here’s to getting extra credit for showing up to both my Calculus and Physics final exams wearing this shirt. “I learned enough in your class to get this pun!” shall be loudly uttered before storming out of the lecture hall.

The tree really fell for him.

a^2 + b^2 = tree^2

I think that man was trying to write who did this on the ground with his free hand…someone better call Angela Landsbury.

He was just trying to put up a tire swing… for his son…

I think the most important question here is, why did the tree fall in the first place? It doesn’t look like it got sawed, or blown over, since the roots didn’t come up with it. Spontaneous gravity increase perhaps?

If you’ve been paying attention for the last week or so, I haven’t been giving Q.P.'s for puns. I’m looking for more design-focused comments.

I would, but I don’t think the graphic drives the point across forcefully enough. Maybe I just need a tree felled in my direction. I guess it’s time to break out the paper and pencil.

I thought it was rather plane myself.

The saddest part? That tree was less than a week from retirement.

Wow I just learned the law of sine and the law of cosine in class today, how ironic! a2=b2+c2-2(bc)cosA
sina/a=sinb/b=sinc/c

I’m totally ready for the quiz on Weds!

yes, both the man and the tree will completely decompose over time and thus the problem will be solved.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that our victim was barking up the wrong tree.

Now when the young ones ask “why do I have to learn trigonometry? I will never need it in my life!” I can just wear the tee and point to my chest with a loud “THIS.”

Angle-a Landsbury!

Good for you. You know what they say, “Math puns are the first sine of madness.”

:wink:

Speaking of mathematical relationships, it’s interesting to note that the rightmost vertical line is tangent to the tree.

I’m sure since the man was present, the tree made a sound.

I like the math/science shirt threads; I understand enough to be entertained, occasionally learn new things, laugh at some puns, and there are no quizzes. The occasional $10 tuition fee is pretty reasonable.