Trio of Artisan Cheeses

Love the Chevre and Gouda, but alas…seems like I’ll pass on this one. Thumbs up to you woot for really picking up the pace and making me excited to spend my money. Way to boost the economy, ha.

Ok, now that is just silly and plain old not true. I know front page writeups tend to be tongue-in-cheek, but I can get at least two out of three of these cheeses, plastic-wrapped in individual slices, at my local cheese store. Shoot, I don’t need to go any further than Whole Foods for Point Reyes.

That said, those two (Purple Haze and Point Reyes Blue) are excellent cheeses and are being offered here for a fairly nice price. I’m not familiar with the Cali-gouda.

So, I just found this collection of California artisinal cheese for 48 bucks. WD or CD as the case maybe is doing us a huge favor. This collection below is 48 bucks before shipping. Note the size.

One 4oz Cypress Grove Purple Haze Chevre,
One 6oz Winchester Cheese Medium Gouda,
One 6oz wedge Original Blue,
~plus one 3oz jar Marshall’s Farm Honey

Ok, so we don’t get the honey, but we do get a lot more cheese.

Thanks WD!

Conveniently this comes out to $42.99 for 43 ounces of cheese, thats $1 and ounce. Seems like a screaming deal to me when you compare to prices at the quality cheese section at a nice store.

Parmigiano-Reggiano… and i would have bought. …meh

Trio of Artisan Cheeses
Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: PetiteSirah
Speed to first woot: 0m 18.767s

Last wooter to woot: cooneym11

Sniff, sniff…would love to rat that point reyes!

This will be great to share with some close friends after ripping the slopes of hood in mid December, and after my Blazers just put on a highlight reel on da bulls, I couldn’t resist getting in on this steal.

Winchester cheese is right up the road from me. Weird. Good stuff though… would highly recommend. Always luv a good chunk o cheese.

very good deal. Like already mentioned, it’s about $1/oz., plus, I looked at all the individual websites and it’s less than they’re selling for BEFORE likely $10 shipping. So, this is a great deal. Too bad I don’t have a chance of eating it all myself. (Actually, more like I’m afraid I’d finish it all myself)

I just became the assistant cheese steward at a few of the Markets of Choice here in Portland, OR … so I think I will have to pass on this one. Thanks though!

I used to live directly across the street from Cypress Grove in Arcata, CA. Very wonderful people and an absolutely incredible line of cheeses. I like Humboldt Fog even more, though.

sigh

Why in the hell am I in the midwest now?

Bought the 3 lb wheel of Point Reyes when it was offered last time, and would do it again in a heartbeat. I’m willing to take a chance on the others, because I doubt the connoisseurs at wine.woot would toss us anything that wasn’t above-average quality. Here’s to some tasty treats come the second week of December.

PSA!! Join in the Fun!! Find a Woot Wine Gathering near you! List courtesy of cjsiege …

If you don’t see one in your area, Create your own!!! Just look at some of the ones just past, and you can get an idea!

how come the last cheese is 11oz and not a full lb?
can we get a what what from the cheese maker or spokesperson?

I’m broke, butI’ll vouch for the Point Reyes. When they say mild, they mean it. It’s unlike any blue cheese I’ve had. How’s the Purple Haze?

Oh. I’ll have to stop by. Anything good this week?

THEY SHOULD MAKE A CHEESE.WOOT.COM!!!

What the hell is this? Who the hell wants to spend $60 on wine, $50 on fruitcake, $40 on CHEESE, or $50 on truffles?? Seriously. If I want CHEESE, I will go to my local cheese market. If I want $60 worth of wine, I will go to my local wine shop which is three minutes from my house. If I want fruitcake…well, I never want fruitcake. If I want truffles, I will buy them at a much lower price at my local gourmet chocolate shop.

Bring on the one bottle wines (that are $10 or less), and just drop the cheese and other foods.

Couple of questions before I bite.

How long will this stuff last in the fridge?

can it be frozen without losing to much of the texture/flavor?

Im just one person, and I doubt I can eat almost 3lbs of cheese before it goes bad

Still able to comply with my siwwbb.

How good is this deal?

Another tricky one to compare as there does not appear to be an exact offer available anywhere. For this offer I have compared the direct from cheese-maker prices for each cheese. For shipping I have used the Point Reyes price (FREE) as they actually offer all three cheeses in a “collection” pack, albeit in much smaller sizes as has already been pointed out.

Click the link above for details on this deal.

As these have not been posted yet, here are links to each of the cheese-maker websites.

http://www.winchestercheese.com/
http://pointreyescheese.com/
http://www.cypressgrovechevre.com/