Truchard Vineyards Tempranillo Mixed - 12 Pack

Anyone in / near Boulder, CO want to split a case?

I’m trying to come up with a reason not to buy this. Is it possible to not buy it? The price is disgustingly tempting… Great start to my S(erious)SIWBM.

I’ve been waiting for a long time to finally break my wine woot cherry… here goes!

It’s a slippery slope, my friend. :happy:

Anthony this seems like an outstanding value, and appreciate you sticking around to answer questions. For serving these do you have any recommendations on foods to pair with the various vintages? Also, a random question, is your Truchard family any relation to the the Dr. Truchard who is CEO of National Instruments Corp (NASDAQ: NATI)?

When we saw this, the varietal and then the price… SO immediately said buy it.
We are fans of Temp so are looking forward to this. Not familiar with the vineyards. Are they truly from Napa ??

We’ve had some from Europe and Santa Cruz but that’s about it.

The 2000 Tempranillo got 88 points from wine spectator, this is an impressive deal.

why not shipping to Idaho? I’ve had wine shipped here many times. :frowning:

YES!

Detailed notes on each vintage, found by digging into the link that MarkDaSpark provided:

Not a ton more info that what was already in the listing, but has some extra cooperage, innoculation, and fermentation details that might be of interest.

Just had the 2005 Tenpranillo and poured some for my roommates. 1 gave a strange face but had ice cream right before. My other roommate with a more discernible pallet described it as sharp and has a long finish.

I can see why my roommate described it as sharp it since it’s acidic and has a really long finish.

I was enjoying this with my cabbage salad and soft-shell crab dinner. Probably not the best pairing in the world for this wine but it worked well with the fatty part of the crab.

This wine would go GREAT with a creamy pasta or a nice fatty juicy cut of steak. The acidity of the wine would cut through the rich foods delightfully.

Man I need to get my hands on a nice juicy steak now.

This looks to be a real deal! The larders are full, but at this hard-to-resist price, I can squeeze half a case in various nooks. Any Carson City or Reno area folks interested in splitting a case?

I’m down too! I live in Berkeley

I’m down too! I live in Berkeley

I agree with everyone else. I bought Truchard Tempranillo during the last offering and was very happy. Very well made wine for what I recall was about $12 a bottle. At less than $7, this is an absolute steal. I am definitely in for a case.

although i’m a Black Box Wooter this is my first wine woot. It seems like a great deal and the vineyard and wine seems to garnish good reviews.
Just in time for my new hand built wine cellar

Hey everyone - just in case you weren’t aware - today is National Donut Day. :slight_smile:

National Donut Day 2011: Dunkin’ Donuts, Krispy Kreme Giving Away Free Donuts June 3 (LOCATIONS)

Thank you Michellesisk!!

Hmmm, I wonder what wine will go with donuts? :tongue:

$6.25/bottle? Couldn’t resist this one.

Usually it’s when the winery doesn’t have a license to ship to the state. Most often due to low sales or they don’t have a distributor for the state.

Wine.Woot is only acting as the agent for the wineries.

Autobuy!!!

I would actually like more, but not sure I want a second case enough to set a up a second account.

If there’s anyone in the Seattle area who wants to split a case, please send me a PM.