True Fabrications Duck Decanter

But, it IS. I’ve been a RN for 25 years. I know a urinal when I see one :smiley:

I have a standard decanter and it is difficult to pour. I did try one of these angled ones and it does make it easier to actually pour the wine. I think it would make a great gift… just don’t mention the urinal similarities when you give it to the recipient.

We have a very similar decanter made by Lenox.

(Thanks, wedding registry!)

It’s definitely less awkward to pour from than a traditional decanter (we have one of those, too) but you’ve got to be careful about drips. Seems the wine likes to build up on the spout end. Nothing a paper towel can’t fix, though.

For what it’s worth, owning both, we use the “duck” version at least 80% of the time.

I can just picture some old highly extracted chard in this.

http://winefolly.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/white-wine-types-color-chart-infographic1.jpg

Number four looks about correct.

I don’t get it. Every time something other than wine shows up, every person who posts stupid sh*t on juvie.woot shows up here and makes themselves comfortable.

Just to keep up the awkwardness of this thread…if #4 looks about right, you should drink more fluids because you are partially dehydrated.

Less than an hour to crack crude jokes!

I should go take away one of your quality posts for that.

Picked up one very similar to this at Cost Plus several years ago after the lip of my wine.woot decanter developed a nasty chip and crack after a little bump about three weeks after we got it and we had to throw it out.

We’ve still got the duck decanter. The duck decanter also took a chip on the tip of the snout, but the glass is so thick there that it really didn’t hurt anything.

Definitely much easier to pour from than the conventional decanter. That was quite important to DW.

So I can give this decanter a recommendation. IMHO it is superior to the conventional decanters that wine.woot has offered in the past.

Looks very good on the hutch in the dining room. No interest in investigating bedside usages. Well, maybe as a bedside prelude, but that’s it.

But I did just try to makeup with ZinZig.

looks like a urinal to me! Can’t imagine that image would enhance my wine experience.