TrueFire Gourmet Cedar Grilling Plank – 12 Pack

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

TrueFire Gourmet Cedar Grilling Plank - 12 Pack
$12.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 12 TrueFire Gourmet Woot Branded 7"x12" Cedar Grilling Planks

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Woot’s wood…er…what was I doing again?

Previous Woot

Woot Wood!

tempted sooooo tempted…awww what the hell

These probably aren’t reusable are they?

These were offered a while ago. You can get several uses out of each plank.

Did anybody use the planks from a previous woot? and if so was it any good?

Cedar planks are great for grilling fish, especially salmon. I take these tailgating with me or use them at home. Nice deal here Woot!

Always wet your wood before throwing it in the gas/coals.

YES.
FINALLY
I’ve been looking for a 12 pack of grilling planks since I was a young lad.

I’ve always wondered… are these things reusable?

I would think not, but who knows…

Does it work on my George Forman Electric Grill?

That’s what she said.

Are these things reusable?

Those skewers… how do you handle them after they have been sitting on a hot grill and/or indoor broiler?

Edit: Nope, I was just hallucinating those skewers. I’ll go direct my questions about those over at the insane asylum known as sellout.woot

Nope. You need a real fire.

Read this: http://allrecipes.com//HowTo/plank-grilling/Detail.aspx

How to Plank Grill

In choosing a plank, pick only untreated cedar, alder, hickory, or maple. Here are a few other tips to ensure plank-grilling success:

* Prepare the plank by soaking it at least one hour in a bucket or cooler filled with water. This adds moisture to the wood and prevents it from burning on the grill.
* Add 1 tablespoon of salt or 1 cup of white wine, apple juice, citrus, or berry juice to the soaking water to accent wood aromas.
* If a plank is being used for the first time, season it by placing it on a preheated grill for 2 minutes, turning once. Lightly toasting the plank on both sides will intensify its smoky flavor and prevent warping. When the plank starts crackling, it's ready for cooking.
* Place marinated or ready-to-cook foods directly on the plank. Keep the grill's lid closed as much as possible to maintain temperatures and maximize smoking. Note: planked food does not have to be turned during grilling.
* Keep a spray bottle filled with water handy so flames can be extinguished if the plank starts to burn. 

After Grilling

* Remove the plank from the grill and place into a container of water.
* Rinse a used plank with soap and water and let it dry. Re-soaking for another use is optional. Store plank in a dry, clean place.
* Reuse grilling planks about two or three times. If there's wood left, you can use the plank.
* Crumble up charred planks over coals to use as smoking chips.

I’m in for summer grillin!

You’re barking mad.

missed these last time
2 bucks cheaper this time

in for 2 dozen