TrueFire Gourmet Cedar Grilling Plank – 12 Pack

more like a “!toow” imprint

read the description
feature #1

Features:
* Cook fish, veggies, meats or fruit on a cedar plank right on your grill

yes, three or four times per board.
You have to use a weber or other covered bar b q…

Soak them in water for a few hours before use.

They are great.

Do it just right and you might get moofi.

I’ve bought similar boards from costco (16x7 6-packs for $10) but now I just go to Home Depot and buy 8 ft long (5.5 inch wide) cedar fencing boards. Make sure to get the stuff with no finish on them. The 8 footers are about $6 each, and you cut them to the length of whatever you’re cooking. These boards are thicker than the woot (or costco) grilling planks, but I just soak them overnight and heat them longer than thin ones. I also sand one side–otherwise fish sometimes sticks in the rough surface.

How much wood could a woot!chuck chuck, if a woot!chuck could chuck wood?

I dunno, … twelve?

[QUOTE=dernst_ca1, post:43, topic:286239]
yes, three or four times per board.

After the three or four times of use you can break them up and use them for smoking as you would any other wood chips.

I think it would be easier to just buy these and save the trip to Home Depot and the sanding and all that stuff. Food doesn’t stick to these planks.

Great now they found a way to sell scrap wood. $1.50 worth of wood for 12 bucks. If anyone stops by my job site they will find enough “grilling planks” to feed an army laying on the ground. Please just take them.

Call me crazy, but if the wood is able to absorb flavors of different liquids and transfer those to your meat, would the taste of dish soap also be absorbed and transferred to your meat?

Not unless you soak your planks in soap for a few hours and don’t let them dry first before using them again.

I guess if vegans bought these, they’d have to use two planks per person: one plank as the cooking surface and the other plank as the entree.

I bought these last time they were up. They are great grilling planks.

You CAN REUSE THEM, but not more than 2-3 times depending on how scorched they get and on how well you soak them.

Great gift, highly recommended.

I soaked mine in half water half wine with the wine bottle holding the plank submerged. I soaked for 9 hours (put under before work) and it seemed to work perfectly.

BUY!

Or, you could cook vegetables and fruits on them.

But that doesn’t make for a very good joke.

I doubt it would transfer, but it’s better than getting sick from cooking fish and then not properly cleaning the plank before storage. I imagine that plank would be pretty smelly after a few days if it didn’t get clean. To get it to absorb the flavor you need to let it soak for a while. If you use a sponge and wipe the plank off with some soap and water, that soap isn’t going to absorb into the wood. You could rinse it, wash it off, and then soak it in water if you’re really concerned.

Click here for more info about making your own cedar grilling planks

Another quality comment, right wooty toot woot?

I’d also want to be certain that the boards weren’t creosoted, or pressure-treated with preservatives.

Apparently a lot of people are obsessed with eating wood.

Yes-
Exactly what my husband does. Just soak, use, clean and reuse.