TrueFire Gourmet Cedar Wraps - 24 Pack

About a quarter inch.

I wish Woot didn’t limit us to only 3. If they let me buy 24,000 I could build a really nice cabin.

What type of cedar is this?

Nope, they pretty much burn up/turn to ash after cooking on them.

“Do not consume cedar wraps”
Good to know.

Where’s that guy with his Tailgating info. This woot is perfect for that. Tailgating season is coming up.

How would you recomend using these? I would like to use them on my propane grill. Would you put one on the grill when your food is almost done cooking and place your food on top of the wood?

They are called cedar wraps, so one would assume they would give your food a steel metal taste… :0

I like tasting trees in my meat. I feel it gives me an excuse for not eating a whole bunch of veggies.

I’ve tried these before. While I still prefer actual planks for cooking, I’ve found that there are few things better to line a bedroom dresser or a spice cupboard for aromatic reasons. They’re thin enough to where they don’t consume any real estate in the limited space, flexible enough to where they can fit in almost anything, but potent enough to do the job.

So they’re are made from human blood?

almost as good as the smell of napalm in the morning.

Here are some recipes

Make sure to click the pic of the wraps on the home page. Not only can you understand the concept, but the meat looks quite tasty.

You will get some cedar flavor. But the only real way to get a good smoked wood flavor is to smoke something for a long time (even those flavored smoked chips that you can throw on the grill to give flavor-- yeah, those don’t really work well if you are only cooking for 10-20 minutes).

You soak the planks in water for a while (at least an hour two perhaps), then put the plank on the grill and cook the food on the plank.

So you’re cooking on the plank for the full duration of the cooking process.

These things are a little hokey, but honestly…for the price, go crazy.

edit to add: Wondering if these could double as closet de-smellifiers.

Or, wrapped around “inexpensive” cigars (a dollar or so each, low-end long-filler), to lend the pavlovian aspect that accompanies more expensive smokes.

Say, here’s a thought: Someone could buy a pack of these, wrap up 24 cigars, and send them to me, and I’ll be glad to try them out and write up a review!

Similar items on Amazon have only one review and she didn’t “get” the concept.

So, who actually has used these? I LOVE the planks.

These things work great and for the price it can’t be beaten. :wink:

http://rewardslink.info/flash/images/19.gif

This I feel like kinda belongs on wine.woot, y’kno?

Oh well. Seems cool