Truffle Butter and Duck Fat (3)

Cook your vegetables,chicken ,great for french fries.Duck fat is one of the higher temperature cooking fat. So great for frying anything.

This stuff is freaking AMAZING!!! If I didn’t still have a decent amount left of all of them, I would be ordering more. Use the black truffle butter on a kobe steak the moment it comes off the grill; it will change your life!

Thinking about turkey? Get the dressing underway by sautéing veggies in it; massage it into skin instead of butter.

Truffle Butters - All truffle all the time. Yes there are some add-ons but there are no artificial additives in Aux Delices des Bois products. Ever. Or allergens.
Duck Fat is simply duck fat.

The high butterfat butter is very forgiving. Not only do they freeze well, they also are indestructable! Let it melt, chill, freeze, and sit on the counter. We test-drove it by living in Normandy, where using butter and refrigerator in the same sentence is sacriligous!

They’re shipping without ice this time.

Even to Florida? Temperatures will still be well above 70 and into the 80s for many of us for weeks to come.

Even to Louisiana? We routinely have 80’s well into December.

I was in on this immediately but not if I’m going to get a container of melted butter.

Chefs Guy Fieri and Anne Burrell have recommended this many times on their cooking shows. The truffles on stead, using the duck fat to fry potatoes. Yummy for the tummy!!

I was just thinking this morning about how I have a skinned duck in my freezer and that I should buy some duck fat to help cook it better (you know, since it’s skinless). Damn you, Woot, for reading my mind!

Is there an expiration date on these?

Yep, it may be warm, but throw it right into the freezer to firm up. It won’t spoil unless you keep it on your dashboard in the sun for about a week.

Why not detach the legs and confit them?

There isn’t a date on the package, but shelf life is 6 weeks in the fridge and about a year in the freezer. Duck fat can be refrigerated or frozen; our family always has a gallon pail in the fridge. It’s good to slather on burns, too.

Because confit is best with the skin on as well. :slight_smile:

There’s a restaurant near me that serves duck fat fries. Those things alone are worth the visit. They taste like Thanksgiving.

They’ve also got duckfat poutine, which puts it on a whole different level.

[EDIT] …and bought. I am absolutely going to get yelled at for this.

How would any of these taste on a salted caramel?

I seriously was looking for some duck fat this past week to make a potato rosti - the best fat for frying potatoes, hash browns, etc. But I couldn’t find any in my little town! Ordered the truffle butter as a gift last year. It was shipped very well and I kept it frozen until ready to gift. Not sure what it tasted like though.

All of this stuff goes well with fries. You can literally dip the fries you fried using duck fat into the butter after they’ve been sprinkled with parmesan/pecorino and minced chives. You’ll die a happy man.

Auto-buy, in for 3! Woot always seem to have the truffle butters just in time when I am about to run out from the last time. I easily go through a container a month, bagels need their truffle butter!